• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More eBay conundrums

30 posts in this topic

My "Item As Described" rating is 4.8 out of 5 which makes me laugh since all the sales rated were CGC 9.8 books.

Maybe the buyer didn't agree with the CGC grading? doh!

Hubba Hubba

Emma___Jean_by_Alvin_Lee_by_northch.jpg

For those with sigs turned off...

+1=3-some?

I'm glad you guys like the pic in my sig... Needs to be a cover of an uncanny.

:devil:

'Shipping and Handling'

Maybe the problem is not about the shipping...but the handling... hm

lol:/

I would agree - that's where I ding eBayers with sub-standard packaging - there really is no other category that fits.

'Shipping and Handling'

I would agree - that's where I ding eBayers with sub-standard packaging - there really is no other category that fits.

I'd be surprised if that was the case.

Besides all my sales being bagged and boarded if not CGC, the bags and boards in question are usually 2 mil mylites and 48 mil full backs. The stack or comic goes in a plastic bag which is then surrounded by bubble wrap and then two thick cardboard sheets on both sides...and finally in the box with sufficient peanuts to ensure no shaky. If that isn't sufficient then I'll just have to live with the poor rating. lol

'Shipping and Handling'

I'd be surprised if that was the case.

Besides all my sales being bagged and boarded if not CGC, the bags and boards in question are usually 2 mil mylites and 48 mil full backs. The stack or comic goes in a plastic bag which is then surrounded by bubble wrap and then two thick cardboard sheets on both sides...and finally in the box with sufficient peanuts to ensure no shaky. If that isn't sufficient then I'll just have to live with the poor rating. lol

I suppose you could always ping the buyer and ask how you could improve. I know it's a little corporate for a small time seller, but it might work. (shrug)

So I just received my 11th feedback as a seller since the new (or old) DSR system has been in place.

I'm guessing the only way to get a 5.0 in 'Shipping and Handling' is to take a hit to shipping cost? I'm certainly not complaining at the 4.9 I have, but I only see that getting lower since I usually charge actual cost.

I DO offer media rate on comics, but then you get a hit because it took so long to reach the buyer... :(

No win situation? (shrug)

Yep. You could send it Priority for free, and not get 5.0's.....

*sigh*

-slym