• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #194 CGC 9.8/CAP #101 CGC 9.6/X-Men 101 CGC 9.0

59 posts in this topic

For Sale

ASM #194 CGC 9.8 OW/W

Pressed = Yes

First :takeit: gets it.

GPA is $660 for last 12 months and $695 for the last sale.

$625 shipped.

scan0014-9.jpg

CAP #101 CGC 9.6 OW/W

Pressed = Yes

GPA is $543 for last 12 months and $550 for the last sale.

$500 shipped.

scan0017-7.jpg

X-Men #101 CGC 9.o OW/W Looks more like a 9.4 but small stain on BC brings it down.

Pressed = Yes

GPA is $143 for last 12 months .

$125 shipped.

scan0003-13.jpg

X-Men #101 CGC 9.o OW/W Looks more like a 9.4 but small stain on BC brings it down.

Pressed = Yes

$1250 shipped.

Trying to set a new GPA record, eh? :devil:

Fixed.

Pressed = Yes

$1250 shipped.

Trying to set a new GPA record, eh? :devil:

Fixed.

And I think you hit the "o" instaed of the "0".

9.o :gossip:

How can that spidey 194 be higher price than the Cap 101 ?

That Cap 101 is hard book to find in high grade. Its a quality SILVER AGE book

Spidey 194 is common modern

Geez , this hobby blows my mind sometimes

ASM 194 is a common modern but VERY hard to find in 9.8, let alone well centered .

Actually....

Cap 101 is not difficult to find in grade. And ASM 194 is much tougher in 9.8.

Any 1968 Marvel should not be considered "tough". It is however, a very nice copy.

Actually....

Any 1968 Marvel should not be considered "tough". It is however, a very nice copy.

I guess it comes down to whether an ASM 194 CGC 9.8 > Cap 101 9.6

I don't add much weight to the oftentimes subjective grading of CGC to believe that the ASM 194 9.8 is so much a superior copy to a ASM 194 CGC 9.6

The ASM 194 is a common modern that its desirability to me in any grade is ALMOST irrelevant

As such, since Cap 101 in terms of scarcity was printed when collectibles were not manufactured like moost of the modern drek, I would prefer the Cap 101

Apples and Oranges my lads

Apples and Oranges

They are both not Apples

Actually....

I don't add much weight to the oftentimes subjective grading of CGC to believe that the ASM 194 9.8 is so much a superior copy to a ASM 194 CGC 9.6

The ASM 194 is a common modern that its desirability to me in any grade is ALMOST irrelevant

As such, since Cap 101 in terms of scarcity was printed when collectibles were not manufactured like moost of the modern drek, I would prefer the Cap 101

Apples and Oranges

They are both not Apples

I have no idea what you are really trying to say and don't feel like polluting Joey's thread anymore with a debate. ASM 194 was not produced during a time of manufactured collectibles really -- and while you would prefer Cap 101 (I would as well) it doesn't mean the ASM 194 isn't a really desirable book too... especially since it's a first appearance of a significant Spidey character. Cap 101 I believe had a high print run... and so while ASM 194 might not be "desirable" it's like saying no modern can be desirable. I think you are mistaken that ASM 194 was any kind of modern collectible. It's a tough black cover -- not exactly a foil cover or anything.

Actually....

Apples and Oranges

They are both not Apples

I have no idea what you are really trying to say and don't feel like polluting Joey's thread anymore with a debate. ASM 194 was not produced during a time of manufactured collectibles really -- and while you would prefer Cap 101 (I would as well) it doesn't mean the ASM 194 isn't a really desirable book too... especially since it's a first appearance of a significant Spidey character. Cap 101 I believe had a high print run... and so while ASM 194 might not be "desirable" it's like saying no modern can be desirable. I think you are mistaken that ASM 194 was any kind of modern collectible. It's a tough black cover -- not exactly a foil cover or anything.

No worries Brian. I based pricing off of GPA. Which is a reflection of what the market is dictating.

If I had a 9.8 copy of ASM #194 a year ago the price difference would be even greater than it is now.

out of 954 copies submitted...only 50 have landed a 9.8. :whatthe: Now that's a rare specimen.

Is it ?

That seems like alot to me

How many collectors will be seeking out this insifnificnat book at any given time in history ?

I LOVE the Cap 101 - great book

50 out of 954...that's the top 6%. That's a very small number compared to the total. :makepoint: 94% submitted don't equal it. This is my last post in the seller's thread since this isn't the place, but "insignifcant" to you doesn't mean insignificant to others. ASM is the most collected title and this is a first appearance from 30 years ago. I know, I know. You prefer the Cap #101. :foryou:

out of 954 copies submitted...only 50 have landed a 9.8. :whatthe: Now that's a rare specimen.

Is it ?

How many collectors will be seeking out this insifnificnat book at any given time in history ?

Sarcasm. :gossip:

Is it ?

First off, this is borderline thread krapping. Joey is trying to sell a book. Second off, Black Cat is a character that had huge implications to Spidey Story lines for years, so it's far from an insignificant book. Lastly, someone thinks it's significant as the 12-month average for this book is $650. This is a GREAT price for the book. 50 bucks under 12-month and 95 dollars under last sale. That's the only sort of comment that should be in his thread.