• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For those who can't decide what to frame.....

10 posts in this topic

I was down at my local frame shop, they had a big Labor Day sale. While I was waiting for them to cut come glass for a few pieces I was framing, I stumbled upon something called "Kids Keepsake Box". It is a shadow box about 1/2" deep, with the glass top is on a hinge and it closes using a magnetic latch. Best thing it is 12x18, and comes with a white matte and the art is held in by two elastic straps.

I saw this and automatically thought this would be great for comic art, easy to switch out the artwork. The elastic straps I am not sure how good they will be for artwork, trying them out, might just remove them and use artists tape to hold them in. The glass and matte are easily removed (metal tabs) so I bought a piece of museum glass. I think it might be a good option for displaying pieces you may not want to spend alot to frame. Plus it you get tired of a piece switch it out. I tried some standard 11x17 pieces (the mephisto one pic below).

They are make just for Aaron Brothers (local frame shop) I looked online but didn't see them anywhere else. Aaron Brothers only in CA, CO, WA, GA, ID, MD, NV, OR, TX, VA, AZ.

frame2.jpg

frame3.jpg

frame-1.jpg