• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Statistically, according to CGC census, the scarcest and most common JIMs are...

147 posts in this topic

I remember selling the 84 and 89 like it was yesterday. The buyer pulled the trigger at my then high price tag, and then we talked for at least 15 - 20 minutes at the show because he was still not sure it was going to be a good deal for him in the long run. I said that if you hold onto it for 3 - 5 years, they'll be worth double. What do you estimate these 2 would bring at auction individually these days Roy?

The #84 is a really tough call as there is little pricing data. I would think $10K-$13K (3-4 times guide) would not be hard to get as it's such a tough book and some of the later (and easier to find) issues fetch 2-3 times guide now. Maybe $15K.

The #89 would be an easy $6K IMO. Maybe more...Doug sold a 9.2 last year for $6500 IIRC and a 9.2 for $4500 the year before that.

R.

I submitted ALL of my Journeys onsite at a show for a check to see if any could be bumped up. The 103 went from a 9.4 to a 9.6. The 94 may have gone from a 9.2 to a 9.4 but I don't remember. I think the 104 went from a 9.4 to a 9.6. The 114 stayed at 9.4 at the time at least.

They looked at them thru the holder and if they had a shot, they cracked them. I paid a pretty penny for this too. But the 103 bump alone was worth it.

I remember selling the 84 and 89 like it was yesterday. The buyer pulled the trigger at my then high price tag, and then we talked for at least 15 - 20 minutes at the show because he was still not sure it was going to be a good deal for him in the long run. I said that if you hold onto it for 3 - 5 years, they'll be worth double. What do you estimate these 2 would bring at auction individually these days Roy?

The #84 is a really tough call as there is little pricing data. I would think $10K-$13K (3-4 times guide) would not be hard to get as it's such a tough book and some of the later (and easier to find) issues fetch 2-3 times guide now. Maybe $15K.

The #89 would be an easy $6K IMO. Maybe more...Doug sold a 9.2 last year for $6500 IIRC and a 9.2 for $4500 the year before that.

R.

I bet that 9.2 would go for the higher end. It was SO close to a 9.4.

So, maybe as much as 19K.

I know the buyer paid less than 9K. Which was very strong money at the time.

Anyone have information on Tales to Astonish #1-50 along the same lines as the JIM information? I think issue #50 is a good cut off point as this is the first appearance of Giant Man in the title, and marks the end of the Ant Man issues.

R.

If you are talking about the JIM #89 CGC 9.2, and the buyer paid $9K a few years ago, well that is really strong money.

As most people know now, a tough book in auction is completely wide open but $19K for an #89 CGC 9.2...I would doubt it possible until I saw it.

R.

If you are talking about the JIM #89 CGC 9.2, and the buyer paid $9K a few years ago, well that is really strong money.

As most people know now, a tough book in auction is completely wide open but $19K for an #89 CGC 9.2...I would doubt it possible until I saw it.

I meant for the pair #84 and #89. I sold them together for less than 9K.

$19K for the pair at auction these days.

R.

Gotcha.

$9K for the pair is a VERY fair price back then and $19K at auction now would be the minimum I would think. Easy.

R.

Gotcha.

$9K for the pair is a VERY fair price back then and $19K at auction now would be the minimum I would think. Easy.

Thanks Roy. You just priced me out of the high-grade JIM market without me having to spend a cent. me! doh!

Anyone have information on Tales to Astonish #1-50 along the same lines as the JIM information? I think issue #50 is a good cut off point as this is the first appearance of Giant Man in the title, and marks the end of the Ant Man issues.

I've done Strange Tales and all the main Cap Timely titles in pretty much this same format. But I haven't done TTA as of yet. I'll be happy to share that info. if you're interested.

Thanks Roy. You just priced me out of the high-grade JIM market without me having to spend a cent. me! doh!

If it's any consolation I priced myself out too. I don't think I'll ever own a 9.0 copy of either #84 or #89.

:cry:

If it's any consolation I priced myself out too. I don't think I'll ever own a 9.0 copy of either #84 or #89.

Damn! Maybe we can collect Daredevil in high-grade... hm

I've done Strange Tales and all the main Cap Timely titles in pretty much this same format. But I haven't done TTA as of yet. I'll be happy to share that info. if you're interested.

I'd be interested in your info on Strange Tales. (thumbs u