• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

153 posts in this topic

You did Joey,you did. That photo above is really old. It is crammed pack with sigs by now.

Paul said he would send me a photo to try and determine who had , or rather who has not signed it yet.

(thumbs u

I haven't signed it. I have an idea though.

How about sending it to GACollectibles? He could have it on sight at the Boston Comiccon on 4/10-11.

Several of us could sign it there.

Good idea. I mis-read the list and thought it had already been here.

BTW for anyone keeping track of the list, GAC is in MA, not CT.

This is what it looked like around Christmas time. Look above Pebbles.

NiksCel003.jpg

Joey is old, and forgetful. But we still like him.

:)

I forgot I was the one responsible for it at the Baltimore show :preach:

Here is the Cell we can hopefully fill up with our sigs.

cell2.jpg

Well, we finally have closure on this.

a83cc899.jpg

Last week I spoke with Tracy(Niks wife) because I was unsure how to handle giving her the cel/card. I was initially going to frame it, and write some words on a card and speak for the group. But that felt wrong for some reason.

So I called, and reminded her about what the cel was, and why everyone wanted to sign it. She said without a doubt that the kids, and herself wanted to see the cel first, as we all did. Perhaps even sign it themselves, and that she would not take my offer to frame if for her once they did.

I got this email today from Tracy,

"Yes, we received the amazing package. Every little bit, including the packaging, was a gift to us. We laughed and cried and laughed and cried a little more, I do not think that a simple “thank you” can express what we feel. Please tell Ellen how much we appreciated her card, it truly reminds us of how much love surrounds us every day.

Anyway . . . I took it to be framed, and even the gal working there (can you believe . . . a HUGE comic book fan . . . with a Green Lantern tat on her leg!) laughed and cried with me! She was so sweet and we worked out a really great way to “float” it in a frame so it would never get damaged or worn against glass. I can’t wait to see it."

Not much left for me to say except thanks to everyone who went above and beyond to make sure this signing went smoothly. And to not take your health, or your family for granted.

I was at the Long Beach Con in 2009 and on the restaurant table was Nik's cell. After hellos and such I signed this cel,

"For Nik

Mikie 'Busted Flush.' "

Never met him, nor really heard of him save for his posts, but the community held Nik in the highest regard as a collector and gentleman. I'm glad that I was a part of this.

I was at the Long Beach Con in 2009 and on the restaurant table was Nik's cell. After hellos and such I signed this cel,

"For Nik

Mikie 'Busted Flush.' "

Never met him, nor really heard of him save for his posts, but the community held Nik in the highest regard as a collector and gentleman. I'm glad, even proud, that I was a part of this.

That was a great dinner,and I love how this community steps up to do the right thing(in spite of our differences) R.I.P Nik :golfclap:

We can all aspire to be like Nik.

The boards have many opportunities to do good, and even with the few transgressions, I feel we all want the boards to be a great community. :cloud9:

Cheers to you Nik ... miss ya