• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ref: what push your limits of patience when at a show or LCS

399 posts in this topic

mike c is neatstuff aka big apple conventions, etc.

practically invented the sell the item for 99 cents, charge $1-2 extra per item for shipping, no combined discount, charge $40 to ship 35 comics.

used to run thousands and thousands of them.

also these bulk "nobody ever wins them but they're great advertising" auctions on ebay

maybe "slimey" is too strong

If this thread had a stomach it would have burst because of how ate up with it was.

Here's my opportunity to tell everyone what to do, since that seems to be the post du jour. Get over yourselves, let this thread die the unholy death it deserves, and get back to having some fun with comics.

i've developed a real appreciation over the years for a finely crafted, self-aware-yet-still-self-contradictory-admonishment message board post, and i have to say this is a good one.

the second half of the first sentence is superfluous, which keeps it out of 10 territory

If this thread had a stomach it would have burst because of how ate up with it was.

Here's my opportunity to tell everyone what to do, since that seems to be the post du jour. Get over yourselves, let this thread die the unholy death it deserves, and get back to having some fun with comics.

i've developed a real appreciation over the years for a finely crafted, self-aware-yet-still-self-contradictory-admonishment message board post, and i have to say this is a good one.

the second half of the first sentence is superfluous, which keeps it out of 10 territory

I've developed a real appreciation over the years for a finely crafted Sal post.

"Admonishment", "superfluous" AND "self-aware-yet-self-contradictory"!

Top-notch work, Sal (thumbs u

mike c is neatstuff aka big apple conventions, etc.

practically invented the sell the item for 99 cents, charge $1-2 extra per item for shipping, no combined discount, charge $40 to ship 35 comics.

used to run thousands and thousands of them.

also these bulk "nobody ever wins them but they're great advertising" auctions on ebay

maybe "slimey" is too strong

Ah, you mean "Close? Want to make a deal? Call Ross Koondel"

haha...I talked to Ross a few years ago before realizing it was pointless.

I've developed a real appreciation over the years for a finely crafted Sal post.

if i can impress you once a month, i consider it a month well-spent

I agree, this has turned into a ridiculous thread. From body odor complaints to dealer bashing this thread is utterly depressing. Somebody, please shut it down.

Would people whisper "bromance" if I said I felt the same? :blush:

[font:Comic Sans MS]....bromance[/font]

it's their nickel.

i'm still somewhat mystified that RMA would consider his "discussion" with Bob to be fine and dandy - paraphrasing here, understand - while at the same time Bob thought RMA was calling him an "a**hole." Paraphrasing again.

cognitive dissonance? no, not really. inability to view things from another perspective? possibly. i really don't know the answer. it's pretty obvious that RMA felt things were non-personal, while Bob felt the exact opposite. written communication does tend to do that sort of thing, or so i've heard. er, read, actually

I doubt RMA cares about the issue. He seems to just enjoy making a spectacle of himself.

Let it go, John.

(thumbs u

But a lot of the time, you argue from positions that are just flat out inventions in your head, and have no relation to what the other person actually said.

:shrug:

I don't know about that.

I thought that your point was that dealer to dealer purchases behind closed doors before the show opens was not in the customer's best interests.

I thought that you had suggested (or accused) that because it was not in the customer's best interests that this made dealers look like their dealings would be uncourteous to their clients by doing this.

I thought that you had basically insulted dealers everywhere when you told them that in no other business would they get away with this.

That made the initial suggestion (accusation) sound like what the dealers were doing was something unscrupulous, or at best unfair.

I argued that in the grand scheme of things it was not only the lesser of "evils", it was not an evil at all and a necessary business practice considering all things involved.

Did I get something wrong?

If you really, truly care, I'll be happy to discuss it with you via PM. Further discussion here is pointless (he said, making the understatement of the month.)

I shall now attempt to cool the hostility of this thread by inundating it with cuteness.

:shy:

Holy :censored:, it worked.

Maybe some people got strikes??

One could only wish...

Cuteness! :sumo:

cute%20puppy.jpg

Mine has yours beat!

You weren't half bad when you were thinner and further away.

:cloud9: For the post

:cloud9::cloud9: For having the opportunity to do it again.

Sal rules and everyone else drools and pops pustules.