• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Huge 5 figure ASM's sales on C-Link right now

64 posts in this topic

This individual may already have VF "reader " copies and wants the best copy slabbed to go with them.

I doubt it. If he had VF copies, he'd more than likely have been buying for a while and have some idea which books are harder to find than others. But when I see people paying insano prices for highly-available books like JIM 124 that are readily available due to being a part of warehouse finds...that just screams "brand new blood."

You could be right though, as he could have been collecting casually for a while but only recently got into the top-Census craze.

This individual may already have VF "reader " copies and wants the best copy slabbed to go with them.

I doubt it. If he had VF copies, he'd more than likely have been buying for a while and have some idea which books are harder to find than others. But when I see people paying insano prices for highly-available books like JIM 124 that are readily available due to being a part of warehouse finds...that just screams "brand new blood."

You could be right though, as he could have been collecting casually for a while but only recently got into the top-Census craze.

I think you're right, and if he had a nice set already....it would certainly be a core collection from many years ago. He probably saw a NM slab and was hooked, like many of us. Let's face it....a CGC 9.8 FF 39 would be a real mind boggler.As a collector, owning something like that would have to change you. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. I remember one time when I asked this rich guy I know if he had change for a hundred...he replied, " son, I've got enough money to change your MIND."

If I won Powerball, the first thing I would do is get top graded ASM books, the full run, and an unslabbed run as well. I would probably also look into getting a full run of Spectacular, Web, and Spider-Man from the 90s. Then follow that up with the highest graded slabbed SA books Avengers 1-10, FF 1-10 & 48-50, X-Men 1, Silver Surfer 1-18, TOS 39, JIM 83, Captain America 100, Hulk 102, Hulk 1-6, GS X-Men 1, X-Men 94-142, Hulk 180-182, Sub-Mariner 1, Iron Man 1, and I think that about does it for me....

That's if I won the powerball.