• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity Auction for my daughter's After-School Club - ends Saturday!!

18 posts in this topic

My little girl, Alex, has been taking karate and dance through her school's after-school program for a couple of years now. She really loves both of these activities, so when she came to me & asked whether we could do something for the after-school program's annual fundraiser for underprivileged kids, it seemed like a no-brainer to put together a little comic book auction here on the boards.

Here's Alex at Wizard World Chicago 2009:

alex.jpg

100% of the money raised in this auction will be donated to this after-school fundraiser, which gives kids whose parents cannot afford to place them in these programs a chance to get off the street, out of the house, and involved in a variety of healthy activites with kids of their own age.

It's a very worthwhile cause, so both she & I are hoping we'll see plenty of generous bidding from my fellow board members (thumbs u

The rules are simple:

1) The bidding starts at $49.

2) Bids will be accepted in the thread or via PM if the bidder wishes to remain anonymous.

3) The minimum bid increment is $5

4) Shipping is free to anywhere on the planet (but I would appreciate if it International bidders would factor this into their bids)

5) Bidding ends next Saturday (the 12th) at 9:00 PM EST.

The winning bidder of this auction will receive the following box o' modern goodies:

death-talks-about-life-cgc-9.6-ss-t.jpg sandman-50-cgc-9.6-t.jpg bone-45-cgc-9.4-ss-t.jpg cerebus-world-tour-book-cgc-9.6-ss-t.jpg jeff-smith-sketch-t.jpg

goon-lot-t.jpg skrull-lot-t.jpg random-lot-t.jpg

miracleman-lot-t.jpg preacher-lot-t.jpg overview-t.jpg

• Death Talks About Life CGC 9.6 SS (Signed by Neil Gaiman)
  • Sandman #50 CGC 9.6
  • Bone #45 CGC 9.4 SS (Signed by Jeff Smith)
  • Cerebus World Tour Book CGC 9.6 SS (Signed by Dave Sim & Chester Brown)
  • Goon, vol. 3 #1-14 (Avg. condition VF/NM)
  • Sketches from the Sick & Twisted Mind of Eric Powell (NM+)
  • Skrull Kill Krew, vol. 1 #1-5 (Avg. condition NM/NM+)
  • 2 copies of the Dark Avengers #1 Sketch Cover (NM/NM+)
  • New Mutants #87 (1st Cable)
  • Dead Boy Detectives GN
  • Batman Adventures #12 (1st Harley Quinn)
  • Walking Dead #61 (1st Chew Preview)
  • Savage Dragon #119

Thursday additions:

• Original sketch by Jeff Smith (Bone)
  • Miracleman #1-4
  • Satan's Sodomy Baby One-Shot (Eric Powell)
  • Preacher TPB's Volume 1, 2 and 3 (See how it all began!)
  • The Exterminators TPB Volume 1 (Tony Moore!)
  • 100 Bullets TPB Volume 1

And, of course, plenty of good karma for helping children in need!

Depending on the bidding, I might add some more stuff later as well (thumbs u

Thanks!

Michael

Hey ms cute kid, did not picture you as a Family man. lol I wish I could help you out here, but alas I've got no extra cash lying around. :sorry: Still hope you can raise the money for that charity.

anyway to just make a donation? I grew up in programs like that myself when my mom was single.

Sure - my plan is to just give them a check for the auction amount after the auction is over, so I don't see why that would be a problem. Thank you!

anyway to just make a donation? I grew up in programs like that myself when my mom was single.

Sure - my plan is to just give them a check for the auction amount after the auction is over, so I don't see why that would be a problem. Thank you!

shoot me a pm with your paypal, and i'll donate some.

A most heartfelt thanks to all the people that have bid so far - Alex & I very much appreciate you stepping up to the plate like this :applause:

143sk currently leads the pack with a very generous bid of $275, but in order to keep things going, I've decided to sweeten the pot by adding some more items to this auction:

• Original sketch by Jeff Smith (Bone)
  • Miracleman #1-4
  • Satan's Sodomy Baby One-Shot (Eric Powell)
  • Preacher TPB's Volume 1, 2 and 3 (See how it all began!)
  • The Exterminators TPB Volume 1 (Tony Moore!)
  • 100 Bullets TPB Volume 1

It'll be a very nicely-sized package for the winning bidder (thumbs u

The Bone sketch was actually Alex's idea - she's a huge Bone fan, and has had the sketch hanging on her wall for a while now. When I started grabbing things to add to this auction, she went upstairs, came back with the sketch and said that even though it's one of her favorites, it was more important to "make other kids happy".

The Bone sketch was actually Alex's idea - she's a huge Bone fan, and has had the sketch hanging on her wall for a while now. When I started grabbing things to add to this auction, she went upstairs, came back with the sketch and said that even though it's one of her favorites, it was more important to "make other kids happy".

(thumbs u That's one great kid!

$300

This auction is now over - big kudos to all who participated, and an extra special huge thanks to invisibleghosts who ended up winning the auction :applause:

Both my daughter and I are amazed at the generosity shown on these boards - thank you!