• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Disney might cut the price of Marvel comics to $1.99

45 posts in this topic

I like to see it for Kids Books. the one good thing with Disney taking Marvel is there is a better chance to get some children comics produced. Marvel really does not have children comics, or at least not enough. Our generation will not live forever, hell some kids do not know who Wrightson or Tuska are today :)

I would hope the children comics would be less price then an adult comic. It would help with a new generation of comic lovers

Comics are way too slick these days and need to return to their more humble beginnings of a newsprint type format and rational pricing.

I know the plastic coated uber graded collector crowd may not like this but it has to happen if comics in paper format are to survive and maybe then in this form they will actually require slabs to preserve them.

I can't wait to see Disney do this.

Comics are way too slick these days and need to return to their more humble beginnings of a newsprint type format and rational pricing.

I know the plastic coated uber graded collector crowd may not like this but it has to happen if comics in paper format are to survive and maybe then in this form they will actually require slabs to preserve them.

I can't wait to see Disney do this.

Its been discussed here that the quality of printing materials isn't the primary driver of modern comic costs. Instead its the labor costs for writers and artists and overall production.

I'm not sure I believe that completely, it does seem like if every page wasn't glossy the books could be producer somewhat cheaper.

As I said earlier, current Marvel management has created more value than any other management team in the seventy-plus year history of the company.

----------

not due to their publishing efforts. due to their movies, cartoons, toys, etc.

i understand the publishing industry in general is hurting, but there are just so many obvious VENUES that aren't being pushed. If Sports Illustrated is not selling as many copies, it isn't because you can't find it. But comics are literally unavailable to many kids in america or a real PITA to locate and once they do, they're painfully epxensive. Kids aren't going to go through that much effort.

Disney/Marvel will be selling comics for .99c as digital downloads, distributed through Apple Technology (a la iTunes) for perusal on the iPad. Because it is so CHEAP and EASY to get, the younger generation will make the switch.

You will still be able to buy a paper comic, for collecting purposes, but the day will come through this deal when more comics are sold electronically than off of a newsstand or from a specialty shop.