• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink September Focused Auction starts today...

287 posts in this topic

I was thinking the same thing :frustrated:

I would have bought it to keep.

:cloud9:

I actually talked to Tomis about how they handle time payments but with a new home on the horizon I just could not even think about it.

Me too!! I'd trade my current JIM run + $$ for that baby!! Gorgeous copy (worship) (worship) Big time congrats on the new home!!! :applause::banana:

9.2 JLA #83 is sitting at $52,000 with 49 minutes to go. Actually, this price isn't so shocking based on recent trends, as several of us have projected that a 9.4 copy would now break the $100K mark. It will be interesting to see where this copy ends up, though.

I think you mean 9.2 JIM #83 but I know where your heart is.

:foryou:

What's shocking is that you probably could have bought this book off the exchange for mid $40's and turned a profit if you had the $$ as it sat there for weeks with no bites.

I was trying to figure out a way to afford it but woe is me.

:cry:

Same thing with a GL 76. Just one week ago there was another 9.4 white (less centered) listed at $10k. You probably could have picked it up for $9k or somewhere in between. The auction today is almost double that.

Interestingly enough, the seller wisely pulled the listing late last week when I checked.

Let's face it, if its after 1967 or so, and its only a 9.2 or 9.4, chances are you'll make better coin raw then slabbed when you consider the costs involved with certification. And heck, you may even bring back the premiums people used to pay for untouched OO raw books in the process. :o

There's alot of truth there...

Add in the "untouched" moniker and the potentialization aspect and that would make raw seem pretty attractive to the potential flipper...

But those opposed to pressing have been saying this for years now...

Jim

Another night where I'm shocked at how many great books I'm picking up on the cheap....many 20% or more under my paltry "max" bid.

Sweet. :cool:

I agree...twice in one night must be a record... :grin:

There are bargains galore in this auction...

Jim

9.4s are getting NO love in this auction....its a crying shame when you can't even recoup the cost of certifiying a 20 cent superhero Marvel. (Marvel Team-Up # 20 in 9.4 sold for a measly $24).

I scored a ton of super nice 9.4 Iron Man for well below recent GPA, several were Heartland copies. Happy to have them. :applause:

Another night where I'm shocked at how many great books I'm picking up on the cheap....many 20% or more under my paltry "max" bid.

Sweet. :cool:

I agree...twice in one night must be a record... :grin:

There are bargains galore in this auction...

Jim

We agree more then we disagree Jim. You just happen to be wrong on the issue of Pressing. :baiting:

I kid, I kid.... :kidaround:

here is another one from tonight:

IronMan11cgc92.jpg

Heartland copy. Sick Mandarin cover. White pages. $56. GPA Last sale is $136.

GPA shows one sale that low (of $46) since 2002. And I can almost bet it didn't have White pages. Its going to look great in a Mylar. (thumbs u

IronMan11cgc92.jpg

Heartland copy. Sick Mandarin cover. White pages. $56. GPA Last sale is $136.

GPA shows one sale that low (of $46) since 2002. And I can almost bet it didn't have White pages. Its going to look great in a Mylar. (thumbs u

I hate you.

:jokealert:

22 Millies so far......at jaw-dropping firesale prices. I mean, I was ready to pay $55 for one, and I snagged it for $9. Okay. :grin:

Geez...I mention Millie the Model, and the thread dies. Don't let the girly comics shrink your sacks boys, its a helluva title to try and collect in grade.

The $46 sale back in 2003 certainly did have white pages. Nice buy on this one (thumbs u

22 Millies so far......at jaw-dropping firesale prices. I mean, I was ready to pay $55 for one, and I snagged it for $9. Okay. :grin:

Geez...I mention Millie the Model, and the thread dies. Don't let the girly comics shrink your sacks boys, its a helluva title to try and collect in grade.

I'm in the middle of a big deal plus I had to buy a new washer and dryer so I pass on bidding any higher after my initial tracking bids.

On the good side, I sold this book --> Kaching!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem...you're gonna need to sell something to pay for all those Millies.....like maybe a couple of Supes........ :baiting:

The $46 sale back in 2003 certainly did have white pages. Nice buy on this one (thumbs u

Hey, if you have that info...you should share it with your subscribers George. :baiting:

And I don't mean piece-meal on an internet message board...