• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink September Focused Auction starts today...

287 posts in this topic

A disappointing auction from my perspective.

Same here, but can't expect EVERY one to be outstanding when they run 'em every month. The Spidey and FF pickins are a fraction of last month's incredible content.

Same here, but can't expect EVERY one to be outstanding when they run 'em every month. The Spidey and FF pickins are a fraction of last month's incredible content.

Wow, nice books in your sig line!

It's a good thing. We've gotta save our money for the good stuff that thankfully doesn't come around so often!

A disappointing auction from my perspective. It's almost all late SA an BA.

Its a Focus rather than a Featured auction.

Think of it as being a "B team" auction - good books but not the "A team" which is brought out for the Featured auctions.

Theere will be some "A team" items available where the consignor doesn't want to wait to the next Featured auction or where he thinks there is a chance his book may stand out more in a Focused auction..

There is a FF 50 CGC 9.4 OWW and a FF 55 CGC 9.4 WP in this auction. And a FF 9 CGC 9.4 (like I have that money!) But, as stated, this month's auction does not compare to the August auction.
:luhv:

A disappointing auction from my perspective. It's almost all late SA an BA.

Its a Focus rather than a Featured auction.

Think of it as being a "B team" auction - good books but not the "A team" which is brought out for the Featured auctions.

Theere will be some "A team" items available where the consignor doesn't want to wait to the next Featured auction or where he thinks there is a chance his book may stand out more in a Focused auction..

Hmmm...I guess I don't understand the difference.

What are they focusing on, and what aren't they featuring? (shrug)

$9300 for FF #50 in 9.4???????????????? :o :o :o The insanity continues...... :screwy: You know this will be pressed next week!

Just my 2c

Didn't a previous one go for $12K or something like that?

This was a cheap one.

:angel:

$9300 for FF #50 in 9.4???????????????? :o :o :o The insanity continues...... :screwy: You know this will be pressed next week!

The Valparaiso CGC 9.4 white copy sold at the last Pedigree auction for $16K. This one may have gone higher if not for the angled miswrap.

I finally have a Comiclink auction win to post! :banana:

RADEF8922009826_94414.jpg

I believe this was PokerKid's copy.

Yep, I bought it from JonJasper. I think I paid $100 or $120 - a few months after one went for $300+ on eBay. It seems to have cooled down. You will love it - it's a beautiful copy and I'm glad it stays on the boards.

I believe this was PokerKid's copy.

Yep, I bought it from JonJesper. I think I paid $100 or $120 - a few months after one went for $300+ on eBay. It seems to have cooled down. You will love it - it's a beautiful copy and I'm glad it stays on the boards.

Thanks. It goes nicely in my Joker SS set. :cloud9:

86435.jpg.d8d75e53245663bd239eb0ea74df7728.jpg