• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink September Focused Auction starts today...

287 posts in this topic

22 Millies so far......at jaw-dropping firesale prices. I mean, I was ready to pay $55 for one, and I snagged it for $9. Okay. :grin:

Geez...I mention Millie the Model, and the thread dies. Don't let the girly comics shrink your sacks boys, its a helluva title to try and collect in grade.

I'm in the middle of a big deal plus I had to buy a new washer and dryer so I pass on bidding any higher after my initial tracking bids.

On the good side, I sold this book --> Kaching!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I figured your bids were the ones consistently outdoing mine....a third Millie collector?

Wow, that's almost a crowd.... :P

here is another one from tonight:

GPA shows one sale that low (of $46) since 2002. And I can almost bet it didn't have White pages. Its going to look great in a Mylar. (thumbs u

The $46 sale back in 2003 certainly did have white pages. Nice buy on this one (thumbs u

Hey, if you have that info...you should share it with your subscribers George. :baiting:

And I don't mean piece-meal on an internet message board...

I had to look up the original html for the auction - only way for those auctions before 2005. On anything more recent, where the CGC serial number is listed/visible, we list it and you guys can look up the page quality.

22 Millies so far......at jaw-dropping firesale prices. I mean, I was ready to pay $55 for one, and I snagged it for $9. Okay. :grin:

Geez...I mention Millie the Model, and the thread dies. Don't let the girly comics shrink your sacks boys, its a helluva title to try and collect in grade.

I'm in the middle of a big deal plus I had to buy a new washer and dryer so I pass on bidding any higher after my initial tracking bids.

I figured your bids were the ones consistently outdoing mine....a third Millie collector?

Wow, that's almost a crowd.... :P

If it wasn't for these other expenses, I could have bid it much higher. Some of the books closed ridiculously low. I'm working on a deal that includes the BA run of Millie and I'm sure that I'll end up paying higher for these raw books. :grin:

9.4s are getting NO love in this auction....its a crying shame when you can't even recoup the cost of certifiying a 20 cent superhero Marvel. (Marvel Team-Up # 20 in 9.4 sold for a measly $24).

I scored a ton of super nice 9.4 Iron Man for well below recent GPA, several were Heartland copies. Happy to have them. :applause:

i knew you were talking about the IM's. the 9.8's went big, the 9.4's you could back up a truck and shovel them in for next to nothing. nice pickups.

Thanks for talking me into submitting my copy. (worship)

Thanks for talking me into submitting my copy. (worship)

People don't care about 9.4s :baiting:

I was bidding on the Millie's but didn't win squat. I would have loved just one of those Oakland copies. Oh well, congrats.

Well, that's it for tonight.....time to go to bed so I can wake up early for my monthly departmental meeting. I'll be yawning through that all morning.

Won 47 books so far for a shade under $2,500 total. Roughly $50 a book, with some real gems. I haven't paid more then $160 for any single book, so lots of "small stuff" in there. I've been striking out on the big ticket items. Can't remember the last time I was so pleased with the buying results from a C-Link auction, especially since there are no big scores.

Sometimes in this hobby, its the $20 and $50 purchases that are the coolest....

Won 47 books so far

Shipping has got to be brutal for 47 slabs, but congrats on your wins :applause:

My guess is that shipping should actually be relatively cheap. If I recall correctly, ComicLink will ship 4-10 books ground insured for $20, so presumably 47 books would ship for $100 insured. That sounds pretty cheap to me for 47 books...

Think we're getting proof tonight just how bad the economy is

Some of you guys are "stealing" these books

Congrats to the winners

i don't think it's the economy. i think the glut of books that CLINK auctions every month is killing the golden goose- if it was ever alive to begin with. for every 1 GL #76 type result there are 5x that are going for dirt. GROSS GENERALIZATION ALERT: if you've got a low in the census 9.4 or 9.6 you're golden. if you've got a 9.8 non-modern you're golden. anything else it's a giant krap shoot and the scales are tipped in the buyers favor.

Some of you guys are "stealing" these books

Congrats to the winners

i don't think it's the economy. i think the glut of books that CLINK auctions every month is killing the golden goose- if it was ever alive to begin with. for every 1 GL #76 type result there are 5x that are going for dirt. GROSS GENERALIZATION ALERT: if you've got a low in the census 9.4 or 9.6 you're golden. if you've got a 9.8 non-modern you're golden. anything else it's a giant krap shoot and the scales are tipped in the buyers favor.

Possibly...........they do have a ton of these auctions

Economy is still pulling the less stellar books down in my opinion

I'm not sure that the sale of some Millie The Model will ever be considered an accurate indicator of the country's overall economy.