• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any sellers having success with non ebay sites?

23 posts in this topic

Anybody?

If so, with what site.

BTW not talking about the Clink, n Ped, talking about looooowww grade bottom end in mean product. You know Bunky pee stain grade.

B

It's a real shame there isn't one. Lots of people have tried, even a few here on the boards.

Think I've said this before.......Google could and should do it.

When they started Google Checkout, I thought they might consider it, but no payday yet.

Either that or try that pawn shop that has their own reality show on the History channel. They paid $70 for a box of valueless modern krap

Haha! Saw that too. Reminds me of the kind of deals I make, and they're the professionals. He did say the old man was just gonna give them away to kids, so it was all good in the end.

Here is a local KiJiJi ad: :roflmao:

Date Listed: 24-Aug-09

i have books 1 to 53 {minus number 2} of spawn books up for sale. there all in mint condition serious inquiries. im selling all, for $10,000 dollars

im also selling the D.C comic mini serious the griffin for $5,000 dollars. {6 books}

im selling image comic book wetworks , books 1,2,3 for $5,000 dollars.

selling weapon zero from image comic book . books T-4 to #8 for $10,000 dollars.

selling stormwatch from image comic book . books 1-45 for $10,000.

selling death head mini series {death of a death head} four books for $5,000

also another 4 book mini serious of death head ,selling for 5,000 dollars

black panther mini series{ panther's prey} for sale for $5,000

deathblow from image comics , books 1 and 2 for $2,000

x-men 2099 books from 1-45 for $10,000 dollars.

weapon zero and silver surfer crossover. one book for $500,00 dollars

im not splitting any of series up. all books are in mint conditions

Here is a local KiJiJi ad: :roflmao:

i have books 1 to 53 {minus number 2} of spawn books up for sale. there all in mint condition serious inquiries. im selling all, for $10,000 dollars

I'd buy them if they weren't missing issue #2 :whistle:

Craigslist. Be sure to include terms like "Minty Plus" and "Meant", and you're sure to draw all the suckers with more coin then brains.

I will NEVER do Craigslist again. I recently put up some comics for sale there and got a very motley crew responding. Most seemed more interested in what I had that I didn't offer than what I offered. Damn good thing I met the four interested parties at neutral sites...

I did sell the comics though at the price I was comfortable with so I can't complain too much. But the whole deal was very uncomfortable...

Jim

Anybody?

If so, with what site.

BTW not talking about the Clink, n Ped, talking about looooowww grade bottom end in mean product. You know Bunky pee stain grade.

B

It's a real shame there isn't one. Lots of people have tried, even a few here on the boards.

Think I've said this before.......Google could and should do it.

When they started Google Checkout, I thought they might consider it, but no payday yet.

You can sell on google, it`s called google base.

Craigslist. Be sure to include terms like "Minty Plus" and "Meant", and you're sure to draw all the suckers with more coin then brains.

I will NEVER do Craigslist again. I recently put up some comics for sale there and got a very motley crew responding. Most seemed more interested in what I had that I didn't offer than what I offered. Damn good thing I met the four interested parties at neutral sites...

I did sell the comics though at the price I was comfortable with so I can't complain too much. But the whole deal was very uncomfortable...

Jim

what you have to watch about Craigslist is this old trick, seller agrees to sell to buyer for $100 then they go meet, buyer then pulls out a $50 and says he forgot the other $50, rather than have to wait, seller takes the $50 and buyer gets comicbook half price off. This happened to my friend dozens of times, buyers never bring the quoted price just some, just enough for seller to bite.

Anybody?

If so, with what site.

B

If your talking readers or junk comics, it will be hard to sell on any site,plus the key is with these other sites is they have little or no traffic, no one looks at thier sites that`s why thier fees are so low, plenty of sellers but no buyers.

A friend said he has done well with ecrater

http://walkinwilliescomix.ecrater.com/

http://www.ecrater.com/

Ed(ft88) has a sight too http://www.popculturesales.com/

that ecrater site is a pretty difficult and clumsy site to navigate...., or is it just me? Seems to need more classifications of items.