• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Next week's Daredevil 56 *no spoilers*

5 posts in this topic

No spoilers...

But I have to say...

To all those who complain about Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man, saying that nothing really happens ... who complain that he has 6-page sequences of a guy opening a door...

Read this book!

This is some of Maleev's best art on the run, and the pacing on the issue was tremendous... I wish I had ordered more...

No spoilers...

But I have to say...

To all those who complain about Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man, saying that nothing really happens ... who complain that he has 6-page sequences of a guy opening a door...

Read this book!

This is some of Maleev's best art on the run, and the pacing on the issue was tremendous... I wish I had ordered more...

*pre-emptive drool...!*

Hey Lighthouse... Dumb question ahead...

When you receive those books, are you bound not to release them until a certain date, much like new music cd's? Or since you have them now, could you put them on the rack on Monday?

Hey Lighthouse... Dumb question ahead...

When you receive those books, are you bound not to release them until a certain date, much like new music cd's? Or since you have them now, could you put them on the rack on Monday?

They are still subject to the normal street date rules. So I can allow customers to read them, but to sell them would be a violation of the Terms of Sale with the publisher.

It's no different from Borders having their copies of the new Harry Potter a month before its release, or your local Blockbuster receiving their DVDs a week early...

Larger Diamond accounts actually get ALL their books a day early, to give them time to allocate them to their various stores.

You'll see stores break the street date on trading cards pretty frequently, but there isn't much incentive to do it with comics... And personally, there are a LOT of rules I might bend in running my shop. But the street date isn't one of them. I compete with other stores in a great many ways, but the street date is a sacred trust as far as I am concerned...