• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America Comics #1 vs. Amazing Fantasy 15

Cap vs Spidey  

420 members have voted

1. 1. Cap vs Spidey

62 posts in this topic

I just noticed the the CGC 8.5 Captain America Comics #1 sold for $85k in the recent clink auction, while a CGC 8.5 Amazing Fantasy #15 sold for $115k last October per GPA.

Which would you buy if:

1. You could actually afford them and

2. You could spend the difference on more comics (if you purchased the Cap #1?)

(I intentionally posted this in the GA forum.)

I voted other. The only books I could see approaching 6 figures on would be Action 1, Tec 27 or Pep 22 2c

You had me with you up until Pep 22.... :baiting:

I remember when Amazing Fanatasy #15 sold for $15,000 and thinking that was just crazy, you could buy a key GA book with that kind of money. I could never pay the nose-bleed prices this book is getting, just couldn't do it. That may be the market, but it's not my perception of this books value. (shrug)

Oh, I picked Cap #1. :cloud9:

I voted other. The only books I could see approaching 6 figures on would be Action 1, Tec 27 or Pep 22 2c

lol

I figured that would be seen as a pretty idiosyncratic choice. But for me, I would consider it for a HG pedigree copy...

lol

I figured that would be seen as a pretty idiosyncratic choice. But for me, I would consider it for a HG pedigree copy...

You'd have to sell a lot of copies of The Farmer's Daughter though to raise the cash ... :baiting:

I LOVE Cap 1. It's a book I plan on owning at some point. However, I'd be just as happy with a VG or even a restored copy. If I'm going to spend that kind of coin on a book, it has to be one of a small handful (Action 1, Tec 27, AF 15 - others I'd have to think hard about). So for the money, give me the AF 15.

I had to ignore "other"--too many other books to choose :P

I chose Cap 1 over AF 15, but as a pure character I like Spidey and his story much more...

You're asking this question in the GA forum. Are you surprised at the results?

:baiting:

Would love to see it posted in the Silver Age and Bronze age sections and then see a compilation of the results.

Great idea.

I once owned the Windy City Cap. So owning it again would be cool. I've owned 30+ AF 15s over the years. I've owned the equivalent of a 9.6 AF and also a 8.5, but with the vast bulk of them in Fair/Good.

Hmmm... Cap 1 for me.