• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buying from ComicLink is getting to be a real pain in my arse.

46 posts in this topic

Shouldn't the title of this thread be "Shipping via Fed Ex is a real pain in my arse!"

:makepoint:

Nope. :makepoint:

ComicLink is the one requiring the sig. There are plenty of hassle-free options with FedEx that they could use just as easily.

Gotcha. Probably safest for Comiclink as far as liability is concerned. I can imagine the thread that one day starts with "Comiclink didn't ask for sig. conf. and my package was stolen!"

I have a Fed Ex depot on my way home so I proactively call Fed Ex and have them hold all my shipments there so I can pick them up but I do feel your pain.

Alternate shipping address is probably your best bet.

You could rent a mail box at one of the UPS stores and have CLink ship it there. They would hold it for you until you went in and signed for it. I used to do that a while back instead of having packages left on my porch while I was at work.

Shouldn't the title of this thread be "Shipping via Fed Ex is a real pain in my arse!"

:makepoint:

Nope. :makepoint:

ComicLink is the one requiring the sig. There are plenty of hassle-free options with FedEx that they could use just as easily.

Gotcha. Probably safest for Comiclink as far as liability is concerned. I can imagine the thread that one day starts with "Comiclink didn't ask for sig. conf. and my package was stolen!"

I have a Fed Ex depot on my way home so I proactively call Fed Ex and have them hold all my shipments there so I can pick them up but I do feel your pain.

Alternate shipping address is probably your best bet.

I had a large shipment sent from HA a long while back. FedEx Ground - which at the time I didn't think much about it. Missed the delivery and the FedEx Ground facility is like 1.5 HOURS from my home. :mad:

Anyone else frustrated that they require FedEx to get an in-person sig on every damn package? They always show up in the afternoon when I am at work, they won't let me sign and leave the form, so then I have to drag my to the warehouse that's 30 minutes away to get the damn thing. Is there any way around this besides taking a day off work (which sure as hell isn't going to happen)?

One of the following:

1) Get them to deliver the package to your work.

2) Get them to deliver the package to a friend or family member you trust who is often at home during the day.

3) Think all the way through the logistics of mailing expensive comics through the mail from both the sending and receiving points of view, calm down, and stop complaining about dealers protecting both you and themselves from the undesirable situation of your comics being lost. :makepoint:

Andy - I thought you could arrange with FedEx to pick it up from their facilities. I'm lucky - I have retired parents so I have everything sent to their house. They are almost always around.

Any facility or just their warehouse?

I'll have to look into that. Maybe they can leave it at the FedEx store near my place.

For Fedex Express packages, they will divert it to a full Fedex store for pick up. As far as I know, they won't hold it at a Fedex Kinkos store.

I always get my packages diverted unless it's a huge CGC shipment where I'll rather stay home to wait until it gets delivered.

xoxo

greggy

Andy - I thought you could arrange with FedEx to pick it up from their facilities. I'm lucky - I have retired parents so I have everything sent to their house. They are almost always around.

I'll have to look into that. Maybe they can leave it at the FedEx store near my place.

For Fedex Express packages, they will divert it to a full Fedex store for pick up. As far as I know, they won't hold it at a Fedex Kinkos store.

I always get my packages diverted unless it's a huge CGC shipment where I'll rather stay home to wait until it gets delivered.

xoxo

greggy

Thanks. My local shop is paired with a Kinkos, so looks like that is out. I'll check anyway.

You can have the package rerouted, but you have to do it before they leave it for the third time.

Aggravating as hell as i too have to drive about 30 minutes to pick up a farking package

Think all the way through the logistics of mailing expensive comics through the mail from both the sending and receiving points of view, calm down, and stop complaining about dealers protecting both you and themselves from the undesirable situation of your comics being lost. :makepoint:

I have sent and recieved hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of books in the last couple of years, so I am well aquainted with the logistics. You, apparently, are not if you think the only way to protect both parties is to require an inconvenient in-person signature. There are a lot of options that work well and don't hassle the buyer.

unless it's a huge CGC shipment where I'll rather stay home to wait until it gets delivered.

Okay, but what`s the solution for those of us with a life? :baiting:

Wait until the weekend and pick it up from the warehouse by the airport? :P

I am 99% sure that they send things via fed ex this way and require a signature because Fed Ex limits their liability to $500 per package no matter what value you put on it, and if Comiclink has 3rd party insurance (such as Collectibles Insurance Agency) their policy will cover all packages to and from Clink as long as it is sent signature required.

I have had policies like this in the past for my artwork. You can ship USPS or Fed Ex with sig required and they will cover up to $60,000 per package. However, if you ship UPS with sig required they will only cover up to $2500 :eek: That tells you what the insurance world thinks of UPS.

I thought you might want to know why they ship the way they do.

Best,

Chris

I am 99% sure that they send things via fed ex this way and require a signature because Fed Ex limits their liability to $500 per package no matter what value you put on it, and if Comiclink has 3rd party insurance (such as Collectibles Insurance Agency) their policy will cover all packages to and from Clink as long as it is sent signature required.

I have had policies like this in the past for my artwork. You can ship USPS or Fed Ex with sig required and they will cover up to $60,000 per package. However, if you ship UPS with sig required they will only cover up to $2500 :eek: That tells you what the insurance world thinks of UPS.

Best,

Chris

I don't care about the signature requirement, I do care that I can't sign the form and leave it for the next delivery attempt. It's the in-person part that's obnoxious.

Best,

Chris

Yah, I have Collectibles Ins too. for books $2500+ in value I always request USPS Express with signature. The PO is not far from me though if I have to pick up...Otherwise, FedEx is a good 20 mins from me for pick up :P

Andy, have you spoke to Josh about this? I am sure he is open to shipping methods for better customer service. (thumbs u