• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buying from ComicLink is getting to be a real pain in my arse.

46 posts in this topic

Anyone else frustrated that they require FedEx to get an in-person sig on every damn package? They always show up in the afternoon when I am at work, they won't let me sign and leave the form, so then I have to drag my to the warehouse that's 30 minutes away to get the damn thing. Is there any way around this besides taking a day off work (which sure as hell isn't going to happen)?

rantrant

I agree, it's annoying.

I've had hundreds of packages left on my front porch with no problems, but with ComicLink I have to always be on the lookout for the delivery.

What's really annoying is that they have left their "re-delivery" notice a couple of times when somebody was home; UPS just didn't make enough noise.

There should be an option to refuse signature required....

(It's funny...I just got a package from them today.)

Andy - I thought you could arrange with FedEx to pick it up from their facilities. I'm lucky - I have retired parents so I have everything sent to their house. They are almost always around.

Any facility or just their warehouse?

I'll have to look into that. Maybe they can leave it at the FedEx store near my place.

Andy - I thought you could arrange with FedEx to pick it up from their facilities. I'm lucky - I have retired parents so I have everything sent to their house. They are almost always around.

I'll have to look into that. Maybe they can leave it at the FedEx store near my place.

Do you know your neighbors well?All my packages are left next door.

Shouldn't the title of this thread be "Shipping via Fed Ex is a real pain in my arse!"

:makepoint:

Nope. :makepoint:

ComicLink is the one requiring the sig. There are plenty of hassle-free options with FedEx that they could use just as easily.

Do you know your neighbors well?All my packages are left next door.

No, just moved in, but good thought.

Shouldn't the title of this thread be "Shipping via Fed Ex is a real pain in my arse!"

:makepoint:

Nope. :makepoint:

ComicLink is the one requiring the sig. There are plenty of hassle-free options with FedEx that they could use just as easily.

Gotcha. Probably safest for Comiclink as far as liability is concerned. I can imagine the thread that one day starts with "Comiclink didn't ask for sig. conf. and my package was stolen!"

I have a Fed Ex depot on my way home so I proactively call Fed Ex and have them hold all my shipments there so I can pick them up but I do feel your pain.

Alternate shipping address is probably your best bet.