• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogami's Shadow Gallery!

7,518 posts in this topic

I've posted in Jeff's fish thread. :banana:

My post in Jeff's fish thread recommending Filet-o-Fish for a dollar on Fridays at Mc Donalds got deleted. I'm not feeling the love over there. Maybe I should start posting over at www.cafemom.com

Maybe you should have recommended a nice carp or toadfish.

hm , toadfish............ :idea::devil:

Toadfish and Goldfish and Snark, oh my!

Toadfish :roflmao:

I feel bad for the foodies who are trying to help.

The beauty of it is it's a legitimate question on my part. More fun to start a perfectly innocent thread and then......... :devil:

If you want a low-moderated forum for another hobby with like-minded hooligans try this one: http://www.homebrewchatter.com/board/forum.php

lol

That would work well for me. I used to be an "all-grain" brewer with half my garage dedicated to my home-made 15 gallon pico-brewery. :)

• Administrator
If you want a low-moderated forum for another hobby with like-minded hooligans try this one: http://www.homebrewchatter.com/board/forum.php

lol

That would work well for me. I used to be an "all-grain" brewer with half my garage dedicated to my home-made 15 gallon pico-brewery. :)

:applause:

I'm all-grain too, but I've been a little lax this year...yet I have 25 lbs of grain calling my name! lol

lol

I'm all-grain too, but I've been a little lax this year...yet I have 25 lbs of grain calling my name! lol

Do you crack your own grain?

I was actually cloning my own yeast cultures as well using agar slants and a pressure cooker for sterilization.

I also had a full CO2 system with a K size cylinder and multiple kegs.

Decoction brewing technique, home-made reverse flow wort chiller...yada yada.

This can be the most demanding hobby in the world.

I eventually had to give it all up. My doctor traced my migraines back to an alcohol allergy. Life is weird sometimes.

• Administrator

Yes, I have my own mill and I buy grain in bulk through our local brewpub (Darwin's on 4th) since the brewer is part of our local Homebrewers club. I use a converted keg for a boil kettle and another for a HLT plus a Home Depot cooler with a false bottom for my mash tun. We run everything using a pump so we can sparge easily and move beer fast, plus my husband designed an awesome custom chilling system for me!

I agree it is a demanding hobby, but I also participate in a local Craft Beer education club and occasionally judge (I'm BJCP recognized) so I get my beer fix one way or another. ;)

lol

I was actually cloning my own yeast cultures as well using agar slants and a pressure cooker for sterilization.

I eventually had to give it all up. My doctor traced my migraines back to an alcohol allergy. Life is weird sometimes.

This exchange took place in the Shadow Gallery. :applause:

The Shadow Gallery is eclectic awesomeness all the time.

And once again, the tiny crotched fiery devil and I share a brain. :whee:

Watch your adjectives, b-hole. Tiny, fiery-crotched devil. :taptaptap:

You now only owe me 999,999 cokes. :cry:

Yes, I have my own mill and I buy grain in bulk through our local brewpub (Darwin's on 4th) since the brewer is part of our local Homebrewers club. I use a converted keg for a boil kettle and another for a HLT plus a Home Depot cooler with a false bottom for my mash tun. We run everything using a pump so we can sparge easily and move beer fast, plus my husband designed an awesome custom chilling system for me!

I agree it is a demanding hobby, but I also participate in a local Craft Beer education club and occasionally judge (I'm BJCP recognized) so I get my beer fix one way or another. ;)

Awesome! :applause:

I was getting most of my grain through the Gordon Biersch Brewery in Palo Alto. I know the manager there and he hooked me up. They're the ones that turned me on to the whole decoction process - it's really almost a religion with those guys.

I did the same thing for the boil and lauter tun...stainless steel kegs with their tops removed. For heat I used two 175K BTU propane burners - sounds like a 747 when they're going full blast. I never got as far as using a pump, mine was all gravity feed so I had a two story wooden stand to hold everything together.

Great luck with your hobby. I really miss it.

Reinheitsgebot!

lol

This exchange took place in the Shadow Gallery. :applause:

lol

It doesn't get any weirder than two all-grain brewers going all shop talk.

We get to say things like, "sparging my wort." :)