• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogami's Shadow Gallery!

7,518 posts in this topic

It feels nice here.

I can't understand how anyone gets work done, however.

Or are you all getting paid per post by some complex Google texting app?

My wrist slap was the best thing that happened to my productivity.

I'm fortunate to be able to surf the boards at work but I'm hoping for a role change soon that will curtail posting. Quite frankly, I'm more than ready for the role change.

I can easily relate.

I lack self-control with these boards, and my productivity suffers if I log in. Right now I'm home sick, so it's no big deal.

Maybe I can find a way to ration it, rather than abstain completely. So far, I haven't found a balance.

Sissies.

It feels nice here.

I'm fortunate to be able to surf the boards at work but I'm hoping for a role change soon that will curtail posting. Quite frankly, I'm more than ready for the role change.

But we miss you when you're not here. Park gets all not_in_tune_with_social_norms crazy!

I really need the role change. My boss is starting to irritate the hell out of me. I'll still post, just not as much.

It feels nice here.

I can easily relate.

I lack self-control with these boards, and my productivity suffers if I log in. Right now I'm home sick, so it's no big deal.

Maybe I can find a way to ration it, rather than abstain completely. So far, I haven't found a balance.

Sissies.

lol

hm

I seem to remember someone saying something somewhat similar.

It feels nice here.

I can easily relate.

Sissies.

lol

hm

I seem to remember someone saying something somewhat similar.

^^(also, the alliteration was great).

Me and the boys hit a new place for us. It's been around for about three years but just haven't gotten around to it. Perfect for a boys day out. It's a comfort food joint where the only items on the menu are fried pies. And let me tell you, they were some kind of good.

2013-03-09124944_zps9a8c515b.jpg

Tom, a man in his sixties, from Kentucky, has made Mississippi home for over forty years. He was telling us stories of his Appalachian childhood and regaling us with coal mining stories.

We tried the Tex-Mex (excellent), Pizza Style (excellent), Roagie (really good but a bit dry), Spinach and Mushroom (excellent) and Beef and Vegetable (really good). The crusts are what make these pies. Not greasy, flaky and flavorful.

We also tried the SG cherry, apple and chocolate dessert pies. All excellent.

2013-03-09125834_zps61c96e66.jpg

Third boy from the left is Tom's dad. He was one of seven boys and is ten in this picture. By fourteen, he was working in the mines.

By the way, I got permission to take these photos. It was an honor to meet Tom and the boys and I had a blast.

Tom's uncle, first boy on the left, lost that leg hopping trains. Tom's uncle on the right was the 7th son of a 7th son and I learned that that made him semi-magical.

Someone needs to write a magical realism novel set in Appalachia instead of South America. hm

We bought too many pies and ended up giving some away. lol

And I didn't take pics of the before and after, (it wasn't pretty)

but feast your eyes on this. I can still smell em in my mind's eye.

2013-03-09131710_zpsf00e07e2.jpg