• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogami's Shadow Gallery!

7,518 posts in this topic

A nice easy day.

We had our annual benefits meeting yesterday at work. We continue to offer one of the best healthcare packages of any company our size in NC. Also learned that we were one of the first companies in the state to move towards an HSA.

Most of the talk was about the warning of what will happen come Jan 2014.

We switched to an HSA three years ago and have been getting bent over ever since. We also got bent over when we had the Cadillac traditional plan, but the ease of administration thereunder made the bend over seem less . . . intrusive.

HSA is the best program I have ever been on.

Saved me personally and the company money in fees and cost.

Administration is easy for the company, as we pay our broker a lump sum every month and they do the rest. It was a huge savings over standard issue plans. We turned those savings into other programs of employee benefits.

I, as an individual, have to do some book keeping but can better manage my cost of healthcare as it gives me more power in deciding where to spend my money. Since I contribute more than I use, I have built up a large savings account value.

We actually, as a company, decided to self insure from one level to the next higher deductible and have never had to pay on it. Thus, saving more.

I love the freedom and power it gives me.

:cloud9:

For fun, I have been on the national debt clock website.

You can move it backwards in time.

It makes me feel better.

Especially after buying an Adams-Swan collaboration cover.

:ohnoez:

I would love to be here more and will try as best I can.

As Tupenny can attest, I worked myself sick.

Having recovered I shall try to stop and post some roses from time to time.

This thread is your thread. :banana:

This thread is your thread.

This thread is my thread.

From goulash dinners

To the sadfan redhead

From the Doc Joe torment

To the Jeffro smartass

This thread was made for you and me.

And Park also was here.

:popcorn:

A nice easy day.

We had our annual benefits meeting yesterday at work. We continue to offer one of the best healthcare packages of any company our size in NC. Also learned that we were one of the first companies in the state to move towards an HSA.

We switched to an HSA three years ago and have been getting bent over ever since. We also got bent over when we had the Cadillac traditional plan, but the ease of administration thereunder made the bend over seem less . . . intrusive.

Administration is easy for the company, as we pay our broker a lump sum every month and they do the rest. It was a huge savings over standard issue plans. We turned those savings into other programs of employee benefits.

I, as an individual, have to do some book keeping but can better manage my cost of healthcare as it gives me more power in deciding where to spend my money. Since I contribute more than I use, I have built up a large savings account value.

We actually, as a company, decided to self insure from one level to the next higher deductible and have never had to pay on it. Thus, saving more.

Our problem has been that we are fully funding the HSA accounts for our employees and they keep wanting to increase the deductible - 1500/3000 - 2500/5000

We are getting to the point where it is going to cost our employees, and I hate that.

From goulash dinners

To the sadfan redhead

From the Doc Joe torment

To the Jeffro smartass

And Park also was here.

lol

From goulash dinners

To the sadfan redhead

From the Doc Joe torment

To the Jeffro smartass

And Park also was here.

:roflmao:

From goulash dinners

To the sadfan redhead

From the Doc Joe torment

To the Jeffro smartass

And Park also was here.

smiley_notnormal.gif

A nice easy day.

Our problem has been that we are fully funding the HSA accounts for our employees and they keep wanting to increase the deductible - 1500/3000 - 2500/5000

We are getting to the point where it is going to cost our employees, and I hate that.

We raised our deductible, as a company, as high as we could. The money we saved we turned around and used to fund everyone’s HSA account. We saved money for the company and were able to provide more benefits to each employee.

Our individual deductible is $3,500. Our family deductible is $7,000 and then the company self-insures up to $10,000. And understand, the policy is fully paid by the company and then the account is half funded towards the deductible. It is a combination HSA / HRA program. We saved a huge chunk of cash by doing this so we turned around and added a long term disability program. After the deductible is met, there is 0% liability; true catastrophic insurance.

As for constant changes, we only pay salaries once a month so there are only 12 days a year that cause book keeping issues. This is a tremendous help to accounting and book keeping.

The employee signs up for what will be funded per month and this happens once a year so we keep to a minimum the changes. Under certain critical events, we would allow for a change but most everyone funds it to the max.

We were warned that 2014 will see a 50% rise in the cost in the policy. Our company will decide how much, if any, will be passed along to the employee. Too soon to have to decide. Being run by a group of capitalists means that we like to incentivize everything so keeping the masses happy and benefited will weigh heavily on that decision. The company will eat as much of the cost as we can.

From goulash dinners

To the sadfan redhead

From the Doc Joe torment

To the Jeffro smartass

And Park also was here.

:applause:

From goulash dinners

To the sadfan redhead

From the Doc Joe torment

To the Jeffro smartass

And Park also was here.

lol

From goulash dinners

To the sadfan redhead

From the Doc Joe torment

To the Jeffro smartass

And Park also was here.

For fun, I have been on the national debt clock website.

Unsure if this sounds like fun.

It shows things to me.

It is like watching the Matrix on a screen.

The stories, the problems that arise with untold regualtions of property are all in the code. I see them.

I like numbers.