• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogami's Shadow Gallery!

7,518 posts in this topic

finghy, did you ever answer my question over in Modern?

Was it The Authority?

What is the question?

Weren't you praising the Authority in a thread a month or two ago?

I really enjoyed the first 16 issues of the first authority book, as I did the final 13 issues of Stormwatch. All written by Warren Ellis, and a couple of Mark Millar. But they both pale in comparison to Planetary, which is my #2 all time series behind Sandman.

Planetary!

That's it!

I'm posting this in my Modern thread. Thanks.

finghy, did you ever answer my question over in Modern?

Was it The Authority?

What is the question?

Weren't you praising the Authority in a thread a month or two ago?

I really enjoyed the first 16 issues of the first authority book, as I did the final 13 issues of Stormwatch. All written by Warren Ellis, and a couple of Mark Millar. But they both pale in comparison to Planetary, which is my #2 all time series behind Sandman.

Planetary!

That's it!

I'm posting this in my Modern thread. Thanks.

Post a link. I'm already interested.

Top Five Favorite Completed Series of All Time. (For example, Sandman, Starman, Planetary, but not say, Lee and Kirby's 100 issues of FF)

My picks, awesomest to almost as awesome.

1. Lone Wolf and Cub

2. Cerebus

3. V for Vendetta

4. Nexus

5. Secret Wars II.

(just kidding- #5 is still up for grabs at the moment. Planetary could make a run at it, but I've read it so recently, and for the first time, that I don't know if it qualifies. It's like I've said recently though, how is it possible that a movie that came out when I'm forty has crept into my top five movies of all time (The Avengers)? Planetary feels like that same awesome.)

1. Lone Wolf and Cub

I know this.

Check Modern for link.

blech. Moderns.

I am reading Prophet, Dark Horse Presents, and Multiple Warheads. I'm also picking up Witch Doctor and Manhattan Projects trades.

Top Five Favorite Completed Series of All Time. (For example, Sandman, Starman, Planetary, but not say, Lee and Kirby's 100 issues of FF)

1. Lone Wolf and Cub

2. Cerebus

3. V for Vendetta

4. Nexus

5. Secret Wars II.

(just kidding- #5 is still up for grabs at the moment. Planetary could make a run at it, but I've read it so recently, and for the first time, that I don't know if it qualifies. It's like I've said recently though, how is it possible that a movie that came out when I'm forty has crept into my top five movies of all time (The Avengers)? Planetary feels like that same awesome.)

1. Sandman

2. Planetary

3. Watchmen

4. y the Last Man

5. Starman

Honorable mention to ex Machina, sweet tooth, and the first Resurrection Man series.

1. Lone Wolf and Cub

2. Cerebus

3. V for Vendetta

4. Nexus

5. Secret Wars II.

1. Sandman

2. Planetary

3. Watchmen

4. y the Last Man

5. Starman

Honorable mention to ex Machina, sweet tooth, and the first Resurrection Man series.

Is "Y" really your number four spot? WOW.

I'm back reading Starman and currently at "The Stars My Destination". It really is a great run.

1. Lone Wolf and Cub

2. Cerebus

3. V for Vendetta

4. Nexus

5. Secret Wars II.

1. 428px-Family-bible.jpg

2. shakes_zpsab4eb2e3.jpg

3. LOTR_zpscae246fa.jpg

4. tripods_zpsfb51625d.jpeg

5. Rom-1.jpg

Swamp Thing wouldn't be in your top five?

It would, but I would consider ST 21-64 to be disqualified by your FF 1-100 rule.

Nah. I'm not trying to be legalistic. It's just that a run like Lee and Kirby's FF isn't really 1 epic story.

Swamp Thing is more cohesive, yes?