• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogami's Shadow Gallery!

7,518 posts in this topic

Meatloaf, Phase I.

2013-04-03163529_zps71628a73.jpg

2.5 pounds of lean hamburger meat

1 cup finely chopped fresh portabella mushrooms

1 cup trinity (onion, celery, green bell pepper)

1.5 cups diced tomatoes

2 eggs

salt and pepper

You cook it in a frying pan?

A huge, teaxas sized iron skillet, yes, but it goes in the oven, the same as any other meatloaf.

I do most of my cooking in iron skillets.

How do you guys make it? Do you load it up with veggies?

(I have to get veggies in my kiddos one way or the other, and it's really tasty)

I've put peppers in mine but usually it's just onions.

I've made some tasty loafs with a ground turkey/chicken combo but you have to season it well or it's too bland.

Had a meatloaf sandwich for lunch. Didn't go down well, thought it might come back up.

At 8:10 this morning, your "enjoy every sandwich" life verse came into my mind and it made me very happy.

Meatloaf sandwiches are amazing. If I had a restaurant, it would be a staple.

(I have to get veggies in my kiddos one way or the other, and it's really tasty)

In the midwest, it is usually done in pans that are the shape of a loaf of bread. Your technique is mesmerizing.

In the midwest, it is usually done in pans that are the shape of a loaf of bread. Your technique is mesmerizing.

In the southwest as well. And probably everywhere else that isn't Nate's kitchen. :ohnoez:

Had a meatloaf sandwich for lunch. Didn't go down well, thought it might come back up.

Where did you get it from? The ice cream parlor?