• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogami's Shadow Gallery!

7,518 posts in this topic

How do you guys make it? Do you load it up with veggies?

(I have to get veggies in my kiddos one way or the other, and it's really tasty)

In the midwest, it is usually done in pans that are the shape of a loaf of bread. Your technique is mesmerizing.

In the southwest as well. And probably everywhere else that isn't Nate's kitchen. :ohnoez:

Mom had a 2-piece rectangular meat loaf pan similar to a steamer that allowed the grease to drip away below the loaf. Made all the difference. I don't like greasy meatloaf.

How do you guys make it? Do you load it up with veggies?

(I have to get veggies in my kiddos one way or the other, and it's really tasty)

In the midwest, it is usually done in pans that are the shape of a loaf of bread. Your technique is mesmerizing.

In the southwest as well. And probably everywhere else that isn't Nate's kitchen. :ohnoez:

lol

My meatloaf brings all the kids to the yard, and they're like, dang right, it's better than yours...

It is delicious, moist, and not greasy.

So, does the skillet method reduce the grease (I assume so...) how do those that just use a loaf pan combat this issue? :shrug:

In the midwest, it is not combatted, it is embraced. The pieces stew in the grease at the bottom until they are devoured. :luhv:

I would give $500 for two of my grandma's meat loaves right now.

So, does the skillet method reduce the grease (I assume so...) how do those that just use a loaf pan combat this issue? :shrug:

Yes, I manually drain it off about three quarters through the cooking. Best of both worlds. Moist, most of it is removed, some remains.

When I make it, I use a 13x9 glass baking dish. That way it's not quite as concentrated as if in a loaf pan.

When I make it, I use a 13x9 glass baking dish. That way it's not quite as concentrated as if in a loaf pan.

This is how I do it too.

This is basically the same thing.

I tell you, I'm skillet dependent.

Party like a rockstar. But without the qualudes.

They stopped making Quaaludes in the mid 90s.

Happy Birthday Sam!

How's your supply holding up?