• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogami's Shadow Gallery!

7,518 posts in this topic

When I see my Boards name, no matter how it's spelled, my eye & mind automatically see & think Tupperware.

Every damn time.

Years ago I bought a couple of the Mead Iron-On notebook paper packs. I also bought a couple from greggy. I have always really wanted to get some old school ringer t-shirts and see if they still work.

For my birthday this year I did it. They still work. However, they are sized for 7 year old kid sized t-shirts. But they still look frickin' old school awesome. Here is the Hulk one. I have nice Cap and Spidey ones as well. The Thor one I screwed up on.

IMG01063-20120715-1204.jpg

Years ago I bought a couple of the Mead Iron-On notebook paper packs. I also bought a couple from greggy. I have always really wanted to get some old school ringer t-shirts and see if they still work.

For my birthday this year I did it. They still work. However, they are sized for 7 year old kid sized t-shirts. But they still look frickin' old school awesome. Here is the Hulk one. I have nice Cap and Spidey ones as well. The Thor one I screwed up on.

IMG01063-20120715-1204.jpg

Is it a cotton-poly blend?

No. And the Iron-on said it was supposed to be at least 50% polyester. These are all cotton. So no idea where they will duoche up upon washing.

They are still 100% rad.

No. And the Iron-on said it was supposed to be at least 50% polyester. These are all cotton. So no idea where they will duoche up upon washing.

They are still 100% rad.

If they're like the ones I tried on 100% cotton, the image will fade almost completely away. The obvious solution is to never wash them.

They are still 100% rad.

If they're like the ones I tried on 100% cotton, the image will fade almost completely away. The obvious solution is to never wash them.

Only wear them to C2E2 and WWChicago without washing them. Check!

• Administrator
Alas, the stack of your books on the desk is cereal not shmexy because the spines face the opposite way, and I can not judge you by them.

This is my reading list. Not pictured is Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash which I'll finish tonight & then move on to Prodigal Summer.

Two thin books without text on the spine are Henry James' Art of Fiction & Thomas Carlyle's On Heroes, Hero-Worship, & the Heroic in History.

You can see your Y books integrated into the pile.

IMAG0234.jpg

I <3 Snow Crash....can never seem to hold on to it, though. I keep loaning my copy out and loosing it.

I <3 Snow Crash....can never seem to hold on to it, though. I keep loaning my copy out and loosing it.

trooper convinced me to read Cryptonomicon. I did & holy jeebus I couldn't believe what I had just read. So I read the 3000 page Baroque Cycle & just couldn't believe what I had just read. Madness! So I read Anathem & was going insane, unable to believe what I had just read. Genius! & so I started at Stephenson's beginning & read Snow Crash last week & now I know where he developed his wide range of interests & still can't believe the 5K - 6K pages I've read by him. I just can't believe how good it all was.

Neal Stephenson is my life hero.

Alas, the stack of your books on the desk is cereal not shmexy because the spines face the opposite way, and I can not judge you by them.

This is my reading list. Not pictured is Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash which I'll finish tonight & then move on to Prodigal Summer.

Two thin books without text on the spine are Henry James' Art of Fiction & Thomas Carlyle's On Heroes, Hero-Worship, & the Heroic in History.

You can see your Y books integrated into the pile.

IMAG0234.jpg

:banana: I see Sim in that stack.

I found out last night you were a big McCarthy fan. You and I need to talk about Blood Meridian.

In fact, I just sent Fingh two pages worth to show him what I do when we talk on the phone. lol

I bet those doodles are interlarded with the good stuff; what with all that Chatty Cathy florid phone eloquence.

Y'all are in luv.

:luhv:

trooper convinced me to read Cryptonomicon. I did & holy jeebus I couldn't believe what I had just read. So I read the 3000 page Baroque Cycle & just couldn't believe what I had just read. Madness! So I read Anathem & was going insane, unable to believe what I had just read. Genius! & so I started at Stephenson's beginning & read Snow Crash last week & now I know where he developed his wide range of interests & still can't believe the 5K - 6K pages I've read by him. I just can't believe how good it all was.

This guy is at the top of my "to read" list currently.

Now I want an old school 1980's iron on (with glitter mixed in) of something awesome with the words, "Rad!" or, "Awesome!" on it.

Preferably a knock off Tolkien wizard.

Neil.

:whee:

Vaughn & I have never met. When we do meet, he's entitled to one night of free drinking on me, as he knows. If he tells me to beat it, that he's going to the bars without me ('hit the road Tupenny. You friggin nutsac!'), then I'll probably just hand him my AMEX & ask him to leave it with the last bartender to open a tab for him & that I'll just cancel the card in the am. He'll have no worries.

Have you read any William Gibson? He's another of my favorites in that genre, though Stephenson is still my #1.

Sure! I read Neuromancer in the early '90's & Pattern Recognition new, in hardback. The former was crazy cool. The latter more subtle, sly.

• Administrator

Love his latest stuff!!! I've been working on a few CPU's for my wardrobe ;)

Also, the latest Stephenson I read, Reamde, was simply fantastic...I can't recommend it enough!