• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you could own one piece of Original Art?

64 posts in this topic

Hari's nightcrawler splash by Cockrum :cloud9:

I would imagine it would have been one of Dave Cockrum's fave piece as well, as it was well know that Nightcrawler was his favorite character. I'lll have to have you over sometime to see it in person. It's even nicer in person, of course.

Hari

i have a few, i totally agree with famous funnies 211, stunning. suspence #3 is the best cover ever i.m.o. so throw that in. for silver age, that dc war book with the dive bombers (cant remember the book number or title) and modern it would be killing joke

i have a few, i totally agree with famous funnies 211, stunning. suspence #3 is the best cover ever i.m.o. so throw that in. for silver age, that dc war book with the dive bombers (cant remember the book number or title) and modern it would be killing joke

GI Combat 87

http://www.dcindexes.com/gallery/browse.php?select=!dc/gicombat

okay, on a real side instead of joking how much I think Michelle Pfeiffer is a work of art

if I were to be able to get one piece of original art that I would love to own.......

well, that question is actually kind of ambiguous. It doesn't say just comic art/illustration, so in my case I would go afar to American art and say I want to own my favorite painting by an American artists which would be Winslow Homer's "Gulf Stream" from 1899. the original hangs in the Metropolitan and every trip I ever make to the museum, I am certain to be found studying this piece

gulf_stream_2.jpg

Are we talking about art that we really know exists, or art that we'd like to own if it really did exist?

For art that we know exists, Famous Funnies 214.

For art that if it did exist, Action 1. Easy.

well, that question is actually kind of ambiguous. It doesn't say just comic art/illustration, so in my case I would go afar to American art and say I want to own my favorite painting by an American artists which would be Winslow Homer's "Gulf Stream" from 1899. the original hangs in the Metropolitan and every trip I ever make to the museum, I am certain to be found studying this piece

If we're not limited to comic art and can include REAL art, then without a doubt it would be Monet's Impression: Sunset.

I hear you Rich,

If I had to pick just one piece, one piece to take the place of everything else it would be outside of comic art.

It would be between two Norman Rockwell pieces.

Being from Chicago "The Dugout" holds special personal/painful meaning.

dugout.jpg

or his self portrait which I have always loved as a tribute and shining example of everything Rockwell was.

Norman_Rockwell_Self-portrait%5B1%5D.jpg

Unfortunately I don't own any OA because (1) the art for the books I love is too expensive (Batman: Year One, DKR, and Watchmen) or (2) the art has never been for sale (Bone). If I could only own one piece from these books it would probably be the cover of Bone #37. :cloud9:

I would be a poor man if Ohio State ever sells any of this collection. :insane:

Changed my mind: cover to DKR #2. :)

The cover to Weird Science Fantasy 29 :cloud9:

you mean this?

002.jpg

(thumbs u