• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you could own one piece of Original Art?

64 posts in this topic

What would it be? and why?

I personally think I'd chose to have Tales of Suspense 1 cover art. I know there's better things, but Iron Man is my personal favorite so i'd love to own that!

Iron Man isn't in/on TOS 1 :gossip:

The cover to Pep 36 for me :)

That's true, but isn't there something number 1 on your list that you would love to own bro?

I'll answer, but not in the way you want.

I would never be satisfied with just 1 piece of OA, no matter what it is.

Malvin

There isn't a number one.. but even if I think of one, I would not want to give up everything else I have just to get it.

Malvin

Well, I don't think I'd be physically able to stop collecting. It's pretty much a compulsion for me. However, if I had to pick one piece of comic book art:

It's a toss up between Frazetta Famous Funnies # 209 and # 211. I'm leaning towards # 211 and the more I look at it, the more I like it.

On strip art, narrowing it down is a bit hard, going by artist I'd probably want:

A Foster Prince Valiant (6/919/38, 1/7/40, 10/6/40, so many good ones)

or a Raymond Flash Gordon (9/8/35, 10/27/35, another plethora to choose from)

or one of the many amazing McCay Little Nemos. Something with the Manhattan skyline or zoo animals in the Palace.

I guess what I'm saying is it will be something beautiful, from (what I consider) a historic innovator in the field and large/with presence as I want something I will be in awe of every time I see it hanging in my house.

Unfortunately I don't own any OA because (1) the art for the books I love is too expensive (Batman: Year One, DKR, and Watchmen) or (2) the art has never been for sale (Bone). If I could only own one piece from these books it would probably be the cover of Bone #37. :cloud9:

I would be a poor man if Ohio State ever sells any of this collection. :insane: