• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm about to leave my first Neg !

25 posts in this topic

I've won a CGC THOR on ebay from jenwsamw in the end of October, and I still haven't received it !

Packages usually get to me in 10-15 days...

I've sent several emails to the seller. He told me the package had been sent Airmail, but never told me the shipping date, and never sent me a scan of the post office receipt. mad.gif

He currently hasn't anything for sale on ebay, and doesn't answer my emails anymore for 2-3 weeks.

4 days left for me to leave feedback tongue.gif

The funny thing's he has already left me a positive feedback 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Anybody ever dealt with him ?

I went for a free shipping because that was a cheap book (THOR #143 CGC 8.0).

So I didn't pay for insurance nor tracking.

It's just that I've never had a lost package, after more than 50 apckages sent to me.

There definitely must be something fishy this time 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The auction ended October, 23 th.

I've only just received 2 packages sent by airmail on the 3rd November! But none as late as yours.

I do know that airmail has been THE WORST, EVER! recently, and now only opt for the EMS service, whcih gets to me in about 3 days.

If you have 4 days left then you may as well use those 4 days. Email the seller one last time and say you beleive that he is being slightly unhelpful in comparison to help you have had from other ebayers. If possible, could he go to his sending PO and begin a claim. He can do this even if there was no insurance as it WILL have had a customs number.

Let him know in the nicest of words that if he is unable to reply to your email with a SCAN of the filed document within 48 hours, then you have no alternative as to leave him a neg as the customer service has been poor.

And of course if it does arrive, check the date stamp. You should still leave a neg/nuetral if the buyer did actually send it really late and lied to you in the process. Theres no re-neg coming your way, so do as you will devil.gif

Keep it all nice and sweet. I only received my late items when the senders made claims, they seem to be keeping them at customs until people claim! May sound funny, but I'm begining to believe this. It is more than coincidence the amount of times this has happened to me!

I 'think' there is Global express and Global Express Mail (EMS). The EMS (Express mail service) can be insured up to $5000 (at $1 per $100) and estimates are 3-5 days. I have had nothing but great experiences with this service, so now only use it.

It is slightly more expensive, but as you probably know, now is the time to e buying from the US smirk.gif and passing 'none', I mean some of those currency saving to your UK customers aye? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Now, an OT question for you goldie! How much are those tables at the marts? What do they provdie you with (ie table etc) and whats the wait??? PM me if you don't want to stay OT.

This is why I neither buy nor sell International anymore.

I sold two books to UK guys, who didn't want insurance, and the books apparently never showed up. So I issued refunds.

I also took a chance on three International sales, only one of which ever showed up, and that was severely damaged. I took the losses, and made my mind up never to transact outside of the US or Canada.

There is definitely something up at Customs, and due to the prevalence of "private security" and the late-2003 updated and very open-to-theft "terrorist regulations", I don't see things improving in the near future.

Apologies to International forum members, as I know you guys don't hire the customs agents or enact new regulations.

I love leaving negs! Even though I've only left 3 in my lifetime, it just feels like a small bit of justice to leave one to a seller. I always try to phrase it the best way to scare off potential bidders and cost the seller some $ in the process. I have a separate bidding ID than the one I use to sell items, so I don't have to fear retaliatory feedback either. M

any sellers will do the right thing if you threaten them with a neg, but far more really don't care if they are a power seller and already have 4000 feedbac and 40 negs..one more won't really matter. But with others with lower feedback, it gives you a better bargaining position.

I also stopped selling internationally for the most part because of the problem with proof of delivery and other hassles with people not submitting payment in the proper form. I hate to miss out on those bids, but I think it is worth saving the headaches too.

I 'think' there is Global express and Global Express Mail (EMS). The EMS (Express mail service) can be insured up to $5000 (at $1 per $100) and estimates are 3-5 days. I have had nothing but great experiences with this service, so now only use it.

It is slightly more expensive, but as you probably know, now is the time to e buying from the US smirk.gif and passing 'none', I mean some of those currency saving to your UK customers aye? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Now, an OT question for you goldie! How much are those tables at the marts? What do they provdie you with (ie table etc) and whats the wait??? PM me if you don't want to stay OT.

V. interesting....I wasn't aware there were two different services with similar names (EMS sounds reasonable enough).

A word to Joe Collector - I appreciate the problems you've had - my advice if you change your mind is to insist that all foreign buyers (apparently Canada is worse than Europe for customs??) pay for GE or EMS. There's no messing, and they're fast. If the customer doesn't want to pay, he doesn't have to bid.

Now is indeed the time to be buying, but definitely not to go mental. Too much overgraded dross out there. Oh yeah, I pass on those savings grin.gif

Okay Kev, here's the skivvy re Marts. You get a six foot trestle table and a couple of chairs, and that's it really - that'll set you back £40. Bear in mind that one table isn't a lot, so 2-3 is preferable. I don't know what the waiting's like - the Camden Centre is tough to get into, and the National seems to be booked up at present (a friend of mine who's done the odd show once or twice before had no luck for Feb and April, but you never know).

P.S. I recently noticed that you won some mid / high grade Horrifics (I was interested in them, as it happens) Didn't know you went for pre-code Horror. #3 is a classic, but you had to pay FMV, at least at present.

A word to Joe Collector - I appreciate the problems you've had - my advice if you change your mind is to insist that all foreign buyers (apparently Canada is worse than Europe for customs??) pay for GE or EMS. There's no messing, and they're fast. If the customer doesn't want to pay, he doesn't have to bid.

Of course, but then you get into the whole "I''m the customer, and I rule or I'll neg you!" BS, that I really don't want to touch. That's how I got in that situation, overt threats for uninsured shipping, and then the natural "but I never got it" crapola.

So basically, I offer US and Canada, Paypal CC's, good packing and customer service, and I don't get an ulcer. grin.gif

Of course, but then you get into the whole "I''m the customer, and I rule or I'll neg you!" BS, that I really don't want to touch. That's how I got in that situation, overt threats for uninsured shipping, and then the natural "but I never got it" crapola.

So basically, I offer US and Canada, Paypal CC's, good packing and customer service, and I don't get an ulcer. grin.gif

Well XPresspost to Europe starts at $35 Canadian so it's not a cheap option. If it wasn't for the British eBayers bidding up the price, it really isn't worth the hit that I take on the shipping, as I subsidize the amount. frown.gif

For what it's worth, I keep a running list of "bad sellers," that includes not only sellers with whom I've personally had problems in transactions, but also based on comments and stories from these and other boards. The seller you're talking about was already on my list, but was a fairly recent addition (from the past couple of months, I'm guessing), and wasn't someone I'd done business with personally. This means that there's an excellent chance that if you do a search for that seller's name on these boards, past horror stories will show up...

Best of luck, and give 'em hell with the neg!

Okay Kev, here's the skivvy re Marts. You get a six foot trestle table and a couple of chairs, and that's it really - that'll set you back £40. Bear in mind that one table isn't a lot, so 2-3 is preferable. I don't know what the waiting's like - the Camden Centre is tough to get into, and the National seems to be booked up at present (a friend of mine who's done the odd show once or twice before had no luck for Feb and April, but you never know).

Do you have a web site or do lists or is it marts only ?