• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Witching Hour #38

42 posts in this topic

I''m guessing it's worth is much less than the owner thinks since the price of 100 pagers has plummented since thier highs a couple years ago....

Jim

Yes, they have come down a lot, haven't they?

Jim, you know I am the owner, and I have no expectations. That's why I posted the question.

I'm not selling WH anyway.

Just wanting to know what to tell my wife to ask for it when I'm dead.

Also, since I live in DFW, I should take all of my slabs to Matt and see if some of them can be pressed.

I''m guessing it's worth is much less than the owner thinks since the price of 100 pagers has plummented since thier highs a couple years ago....

Jim

There are a few exceptions.....

Our Army at War 242 9.4 $1,600

Superman 245 9.6 $1,728

where does Bobcat get his books?
Personal collection that's he selling off.

He's uber heavy on DCs. If he collected Marvels like he did DCs, he would have done so much better. The only Marvels that he seems to have a lot of is Tomb of Dracula.

Jim

Yes, they have come down a lot, haven't they?

Jim, you know I am the owner, and I have no expectations. That's why I posted the question.

I'm not selling WH anyway.

Just wanting to know what to tell my wife to ask for it when I'm dead.

Also, since I live in DFW, I should take all of my slabs to Matt and see if some of them can be pressed.

I wasn't aware you were the owner...

Jim

It's worth whatever Loey wants to pay for it.

Sean, it's not Greggy who has paid the most for 9.8 100 pagers over the last couple of years......

That was mostly to make myself laugh, but my real point is that the hardcore 100 pager collectors know who each other are and it is a fairly small market for the uber-high grade collectors. Better prices will be achieved if it is an upgrade for more than one of them. Best prices will be achieved if one of them has to have it.

Jim

I guess 100 pagers haven't "plummented" quite as much as you may think, judging by the prices the JLA 9.6 copies went for in last nights CL auction.

Jim

I guess 100 pagers haven't "plummented" quite as much as you may think, judging by the prices the JLA 9.6 copies went for in last nights CL auction.

There's been quite a bit of "normaling" off of prices, regardless of genre, publisher and age...bronze and DC being heaviest hit. Good thing I love my books. I invest like I buy my comics--buy high and sell low. lol

yeah bobcat has told me of all the books he has yet to release--many in my "have to have if I ever want to complete my sets" category. He must love greggy more than I because he refuses to give timeframe for releasing the hounds. I must say he's still done well for himself for buying these at cover price.

The other discerning fact for me is all of these "upgrades" popping up...a lot of these don't meet what once was CGC's more strict interpretation of 9.6/9.8.