• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Grade this Surfer - #3 Thanks

17 posts in this topic

That's a really nice clean looking comic. What is going on with the front bottom left corner. Is that a slight crease on the front bottom right corner? Looks about a 9.4

I would drop it down to a 9.0 with the crease. Overall it looks really good. I would definitely like to see what it gets so keep me filled in if you get it slabbed.

There is certainly a crease there, but it hard to guess (for me) where it came from, or how it occurred.

The rest of the spine is fairly square and clean. Maybe got squished?? Has anyone seen this type of defect with a squarebound before?

There is certainly a crease there, but it hard to guess (for me) where it came from, or how it occurred.

The rest of the spine is fairly square and clean. Maybe got squished?? Has anyone seen this type of defect with a squarebound before?

Yes, I have seen this before where it looks squished from the printing manufacturer in the square bound comics.

It's very hard to grade a square bound book for that reason.Spine roll or squished as you put it.IMHO because of this defect alone would put it in the7.0/7.5 grade,but I have also seen them graded 6.5 and 8.0 (shrug)

i had a batman 261 with a slight squish to the spine that graded an 8.5.

Yes, I just sold a SS#3 that had the same issue. Everyone on the boards graded it as an 8.5/9.0...came back a 9.4. Your books looks very similar to mine with the exception of the smudge on the back and the small corner crease on the front.

I'm thinking 9.0