• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT- My friend's new tattoo

91 posts in this topic

For the life of me...I'll never understand the tattoo thing ... :insane:

I think you are roughly my Age mid 40s not sure, So it might be a generational thing. I am a complete Live and let live guy. Hell do whatever you want with your Body, its your Body. But I personally try to think long term and as such I recognize that Fads are Fleeting. 10 to 15 Years ago most Woman would not be caught dead with a Tat, now its pretty common. But what happens when Tattoos especially on Women is no longer in Vogue? It likely will happen.

Its different for the most part with guys since Tattos have been in and out of style to one degree or another for Thousands of years. But Chicks, they are a little more image conciouse and at one point may regret there decision. Its kind of Hard for young people to realize this but Fads do come and go.

My older son has many Tattos and they all mean something to him, he takes it very seriously. My Advice has allways been get something you can envision being on your body the rest of your life, try to get a tatoo with symbolisim and meaning that will mean as much to you 50 years from now as it means to you today.

Thats pretty difficult to do at 45 years of age much less so in your ealy 20s

So to each his own, I personally have no tattos but that is just me. I can truly respect the artistry of the tatto to be sure!

tat5.jpg

That´s going to look interesting at his funeral.

hm...... maybe if his eyelids rinkle in high age it´ll look like he drowned and still has his eyes open hm ............................. :eek: .............. :sick: Have to get this picture out of my head before I go to sleep.

When I worked at Hot Topic, i would have many customers come in with full body (including face) tattoos, piercings, ect. One of my managers had the inside of her lip tattooed. Let me google some images to show you the various things people had come in with:

bodymodification13089.jpg Many of my female customers had this on their backs, legs, or arms.

monsterman1.jpg I even had a few customers who looked somewhat like this.

Frankly, after seeing the varying degree's of body modifications, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Live and let live, you know?

Completely 100% useless to society.

I hope he jabbed something into his marble bag so he can't populate the earth.

He put portals on the sides of his nose so he can get those...deep boogers. :roflmao:

And really what are the chances of getting throught a metal detector?I guess flying is not his thing.

Personal take, no offense intended.... Anyone else see that tatoo as something that maybe is not such a great idea? Man that thing is huge so when the time comes to have it removed it will be a long, painful and expensive process.

Why would you get a large tattoo just to have it removed? I have this piece on my back, and I can guarantee you that it's going to stay there till I die.

ms-back-tattoo.jpg

Nice

Made me think of the EINSTURZENDE NEUBAUTEN Cyclops the instant I saw it.

I've only got one tattoo (well thats what I tell people) but about 20% coverage. But you'd never no it if I have on pants and a t-shirt. So obviously I don't care if anyone has a tattoo or not.

BUT, what I don't understand is if tattoos are meant for decorating the body, well you're not gonna spend money putting pinstripes on your 1970 Gremlin, right?

StarshipMother.jpg

86434.jpg.ec457cb1c814ce24983c7c2f0e13577d.jpg

645monkey.jpg

I saw this guy with that very tattoo walk into my recruiting office trying to enlist. If an individual has some questionable tattoo's we have to review them. Suffice it to say this guy was rejected by the army.

He should have gotten one of Strawberry Shortcake with a parachute ;)

When I worked at Hot Topic, i would have many customers come in with full body (including face) tattoos, piercings, ect. One of my managers had the inside of her lip tattooed. Let me google some images to show you the various things people had come in with:

bodymodification13089.jpg Many of my female customers had this on their backs, legs, or arms.

monsterman1.jpg I even had a few customers who looked somewhat like this.

Frankly, after seeing the varying degree's of body modifications, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Live and let live, you know?

Completely 100% useless to society.

I hope he jabbed something into his marble bag so he can't populate the earth.

He put portals on the sides of his nose so he can get those...deep boogers. :roflmao:

Wow. I'm speechless every time I see this tool. To think this guy used to be some human's child.