• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the top ten bronze keys if we started a portfolio?

65 posts in this topic

House of Secrets 92

All-Star Western 10

Zap Comics 1

Cerebus 1

Conan the Barbarian 1

X-Men 94

Green Lantern 76

Giant Size X-Men 1

Incredible Hulk 181

On the money (thumbs u

I would also add Iron fist 14 (35c variant)

ASM 121 and 122

What are the features of a book that make it a key issue to your mind?

joe

That's the rub. Top ten bronze keys, and top ten bronze keys for investment purposes are two different lists.

exactly! though there is some overlap.

Yes that was my thought exactly, but obviously the argument could be made to include those books. It should be noted I took out DCSS #5 and replaced it with Conan #1

Conan #1 IMO just needs to be there cause I like the book so much!! (thumbs u

I put TOD #1 in there because it Marks the Beginning of Marvels Horror comic lineup, or at least it really got underway with this book, one of the best series of the 70s!

I like Cimms addition of Zap #1 but primarily the Plymell edition!

After thinking this through more, that one might have the biggest upside in terms of investment.

R.Crumb, the Starting point of the influential UG comic movement, stupid low print run handassembled by a bunch of Hippies, My Friend Howard "Eggzactly" even has a copy with a Marijuana burn on it! He says it happened in production, I wont argue with him lol!!

It is just an extremly important book!

The KISS book has zero investment potential. I, magnanimous as I am, will take any and all high grade copies that are available for reasonable prices, to help you avoid the pain of owning these horribly unmarketable books.

The KISS book has zero investment potential. I, magnanimous as I am, will take any and all high grade copies that are available for reasonable prices, to help you avoid the pain of owning these horribly unmarketable books.

Yup, for once, Stumpy is right. My 9.6 WP only sold for $210 at the last ComicLink auction.

Yup, for once, Stumpy is right. My 9.6 WP only sold for $210 at the last ComicLink auction.

Should have offered it to me via private sale. You would have done much better, dicksqueezer.

Should have offered it to me via private sale. You would have done much better, dicksqueezer.

Why? The Marvel Graphic Novel 1 CGC 9.8 made up for it at $752. zzz

"dicksqeezer" make Hookie laugh ! :roflmao:

Insert my usual response.

"drek"?

"drek"?

:censored: u

"drek"?

:censored: u

Oh yeh, forgot that one... doh!

House of Secrets 92

All-Star Western 10

Zap Comics 1

Cerebus 1

Conan the Barbarian 1

X-Men 94

Green Lantern 76

Giant Size X-Men 1

Incredible Hulk 181

Good list, Cimm.

If you are looking for a 10 year hold, stick with the books that have stood the test of time and will keep on rising just like we all should have done with SA keys like AF #15, FF #1, etc. 10 years ago. Yes, there will always be movie-relates interest in books, but the biggest gains $ wise will still be made by the biggest keys.

Books like TOD 1, TOD 10, Marvel Feature 1, Defenders 1, Marvel Spotlight 2, WBN 1, and WBN 32 have likely topped out for a while because they were run up too high too fast, represent second tier characters, AND there are plenty of copies out there in high grade to meet demand.

My list, in no particular order of importance, would be similar to the one Cimm posted:

Givens:

ASM #129

Green Lantern #76

HOS #92

Hulk #181

GS X-Men #1

Star Wars #1 35-cent variant

Conan 1

X-Men #94

Cerebus #1 (1st printing)

Zap Comics #1 (1st printing)

On the bubble:

Green Lantern #87

ASM #121 and #122

All Star Western #10 (I would not buy until after the move flops)

Batman #232

Batman #227

FF #112

TOD #1

ASW#10

Luke Cage Hero For Hire #1

HOS 92

ASM 121,122, AND 129

DC Super Spectacular #5

Giant Size X men #1

Hulk 180

Excuse my ignorance but what the heck is TOD #1 and what is the significance?

(shrug)

Tomb of Dracula and it is the best Marvel horror series ever. I would personally add WWBN #32 to this list. When a 9.8 does hit the census I can only imagine the $$$ it would bring.