• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Name 5 things better than comics

70 posts in this topic

1: My daughter

2: My family

3: My friends(including those I have met BECAUSE of comics)

4: Helping people less fortunate than myself

5: Laughter

Have a GREAT weekend everybody! I am off to help Paul Litch celebrate his 29th birthday at Ruth Chris steakhouse! 893applaud-thumb.gif

1.Wife and Fam

2. a nice cold beer or a jim/coke

3. The Chronic and a fat line everynow and then baby

4. threesomes smile.gif

5. being able to hold a nice white collar job and and being able to hold an intelligent conversation with the stiffs and the hard core geeks so that by the end of the day, everybody is scratching their heads trying to figure out how i know so much about comics but can talk college/pro football all day long over a game of golf with da Boss sign-rantpost.gifgrin.gifpopcorn.gif

3) Original Pancake House

Excellent choice. The apple pancakes definitely are better than comics cloud9.gif

Also:

Non-comic books

Family and Friends

Aardvarks (and other pets--that's pets NOT pests)

Work

Walking outside with your 3-year-old son who thinks you're the coolest man in the world.

1. Having your three year old daughter say "I love you Daddy" just before she goes to sleep.

Agreed. Being Daddy to a 3 year old. Is the Best.

1. Travelling across Europe during Spring/Summer. Except for all those Balearic islands which teem with British "clubbers".

2. Being 18.

3. Achieving a goal.

4. NYC. Still get a rush when I visit, even for the umpteenth time.

5. Being in the right place at the right time.

But it's a close call. Comics, in case you weren't aware, are BLOODY GREAT. Reading Preacher 1-66 (just as an example) would give any of those five a run for their money.

If not better than, then at least as good as on their day.

Anyone who says sex has to post a picture of the last person they actually did it with (sticky pages don't count). blush.gif

i) Playing bridge.

ii) Frank Zappa.

iii) Alcohol.

iv) Gambling.

v) Good cinema.

Without looking at everyone else's responses:

1) Family, esp. my wonderfully affectionate year old daughter

2) Friends

3) Really, really good food (including true NY pizza)

4) The good fortune to live in a country with the freedom to read and do what you want and the prosperity to enjoy these freedoms.

5) A beautiful day.

Almost as good as comics: baseball, good movies, muscle cars, good TV

1) SEX

2) Bacon

3) Martin Scorcese Flicks

4) Working Out (Helps me to get #1)

5) Las Vegas

Anyone who says sex has to post a picture of the last person they actually did it with

Not the last person, but this particular Ex hates my guts. devil.gif

(Top row, second from the left)

DSC04417.jpg

1) spending a week in Mexico (with my better half, natch)

2) nailing a $300.00 longshot at the track with a $10.00 ticket (lots of fun)

3) selling $11,000.00 in one day at work

4) winning $800.00 at the slots

5) family

3) Original Pancake House

Excellent choice. The apple pancakes definitely are better than comics cloud9.gif

Also:

Non-comic books

Family and Friends

Aardvarks (and other pets--that's pets NOT pests)

Work

Funny you should mention those apple pancakes. That was my Dad's recipe. When he departed from the navy He joined the cast of the original Pancake House and brought many new recipes with him. ( I guess when you cook for thousands of men on a huge ship for 6 years you have plenty of time to cook) After a few years he sold his recipes and shares to his partners and left the biz for good. Still to this day we visit the old poophead when we want the apple pancakes because He won't give up the recipe until He dies! I have tried and tried to come up with the recipe but I'm missing 1 ingredient and He just laughs and laughs. foreheadslap.gif

Any how thanks for bringing it up now I gots to go call and suck up for some Apple Pancakes. 893frustrated.gif

Why is sex absent from everyone's list? Is that what happens when you get married?