• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Apple-Con Signature Series Sketch Opportunity With Artist Danny Cruz!

134 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! First off, I sincerely want to thank Paul Litch and Kevin Boyd for providing me the opportunity to introduce an amazing artist here on the boards. I appreciate both Paul and Kevin for accepting my request. (worship)(worship)(worship)

The artists' name is Danny Cruz. Danny will be doing sketches specifically for the Big Apple Comic-Con in October. He's already done a Snake-Eyes VS. Deadpool commission for me. Here's his link: http://dannycruz.deviantart.com/

As I am not a witness, a major kudos goes to NYComics for helping out with this. Here are some samples of his work:

IMG_4397.jpg

IMG_4396.jpg

The_Amazing_Spiderman_by_dannycruz.jpg

Surgery_Addict_by_dannycruz.jpg

Lion_O_sketch_by_dannycruz-1.jpg

Here's Danny doing the Snake-Eyes Vs. Deadpool commission:

IMG_4398.jpg

deadpoolvssnakeeyes-1.jpg

IMG_4399.jpg

Pricing includes on-site grading and shipping:

Head sketch: $90

Bust: $120

Full Body: $145

Scene: $225

Danny will also be offering inks if there's enough interest in his sketches.

As an added incentive, I will pay half of the grading costs of the FIRST 2 sketch requests. For example, a head sketch would cost $73, a bust would be $103, etc.

Any sketch covers (DA, SI, FS and Marvel 70th) will be sent to me. Danny and I will personally drop off your book at the convention for on-site grading. Your book will be slabbed, graded and immediately returned to you after the con. Don't miss out on this great opportunity! Books must be recieved by OCTOBER 1st, as we want to give Danny enough time to carefully work on each sketch. Anyone that's interested can PM me for details. Thanks!

One other cool fact that I will stress a bit is that these will be graded On-Site at the NY National. Then Mike will be personally shipping them back to you as fast as USPS Priority Mail allows. You will likely get your sketch very quickly. :)

What else is nice to know is that Danny was very understanding when it came to handling the actual sketch covers and how dings can lower the grade. So hopefully he will be careful when sketching.

It was my pleasure to help set this up. It has been nice hanging with you for a while at these conventions and I think it is great that you found such a talented artist willing to do some covers.

Cheers and good luck!

Sean