• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Bump

6 posts in this topic

The odds of someone here buying one of your books and calling you out are pretty good, so you'd have to be crazy to inflate the grade. You can be a regular here or a grade inflater, but not both. Not for long, anyway.

I have to say I love the boards for buying. I've bought maybe 50 books off the board and have yet to have a complaint. I also tend to find that I 'discover' I need a book months and months after someone has posted it on the boards.

It is often on eBay for the same grade, just has an eBay $ uplift attached.

Am I a jackhole for message those board folks months after their sale asking for the board price?

And yes, 'You are a jackhole' is a valid answer w/o addressing my can I ask about the board price question.

I have to say I love the boards for buying. I've bought maybe 50 books off the board and have yet to have a complaint. I also tend to find that I 'discover' I need a book months and months after someone has posted it on the boards.

It is often on eBay for the same grade, just has an eBay $ uplift attached.

Am I a jackhole for message those board folks months after their sale asking for the board price?

And yes, 'You are a jackhole' is a valid answer w/o addressing my can I ask about the board price question.

Not at all - most board members are happy to do off-ebay transactions at discounted prices (because we don't have to pay the ebay fees).

In regards to grading, I think most of the sellers here grade the same whether they're on ebay or the boards - but they do pad the price when the book is put on the 'bay (I do that myself as well).