• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kirby heirs claim Spider-Man co-creator credit

27 posts in this topic

chances are those 5 pages got placed in a corner for a few months, later either used as packing material or backing boards for "important" artwork being messengered somewhere.. and lost/destroyed/stolen along the way.

I dont see Stan ferreting them out of the office to shred the evidence for a lawsuit 50 years later. crimeny!

but maybe Stan has them hidden in a secret wall stotrage area, and every now and then, after Joanie falls asleep, and he's all alone and miserable, he pulls all the blinds and gets them out and spreads them around and cackles "Up yours Jackie boy!"

The Ditko five-page fantasy story in Strange Tales 97 has nothing to do with Spider-Man. Those characters aren't Aunt May and Uncle Ben*, they're just a couple of Ditko's visual stereotypes (in the same way that a Norman Osborn lookalike turns up in at least one of his Charlton stories).

*This is assuming some imbecile hasn't retconned it that they were...

something like this blew up a friend of mine's deal for a cartoon show (he wound up doing just fine on TV afterward, so I don't cry for him and his current income, likely pushing or passing seven digits) --- he had the ideas for the characters, scripts and what not, all the details, and had an illustrator do sketches. he didn't like those sketches and went with another illustrator who got the right feel for what he wanted. a cable TV network was very interested in the show after seeing the new sketches.

that is until the first illustrator threatened legal action claiming he helped "create" the characters (even though his drawings were tossed).. that pretty much blew it all up and killed the deal, delaying my friend's millionaire status by a few years (or maybe not....maybe he wouldn't have become a hot screen writer if he had been doing that cartoon? who knows...).

chances are those 5 pages got placed in a corner for a few months, later either used as packing material or backing boards for "important" artwork being messengered somewhere.. and lost/destroyed/stolen along the way.

I dont see Stan ferreting them out of the office to shred the evidence for a lawsuit 50 years later. crimeny!

but maybe Stan has them hidden in a secret wall stotrage area, and every now and then, after Joanie falls asleep, and he's all alone and miserable, he pulls all the blinds and gets them out and spreads them around and cackles "Up yours Jackie boy!"

hahahaha! i just fell out of chair reading that!

How do I protect my sighting of Elvis?

Copyright law does not protect sightings. However, copyright law will protect your photo (or other depiction) of your sighting of Elvis. File your claim to copyright online by means of the electronic Copyright Office (eCO). Pay the fee online and attach a copy of your photo. Or, go to the Copyright Office website, fill in Form CO, print it, and mail it together with your photo and fee. For more information on registration a copyright, see SL-35. No one can lawfully use your photo of your sighting, although someone else may file his own photo of his sighting. Copyright law protects the original photograph, not the subject of the photograph.

Either someone in the copyright office has a sense of humor, or there are a lot more Elvis sightings than I'd previously thought.