• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 4 CGC 6.0 Signature Series "Stan Lee"

22 posts in this topic

Okay guys, gotta make room for my ASM collection so this issue has to go.

Just got signed at San Diego and reslabbed back to a solid 6.0 grade.

$950 or off it goes to fleabay. First :takeit: beats PM's.

Personal Paypal or add 3% please (or Certified Cheque/Money Order).

Expedited shipping to the US is $30 with insurance or $25 within Canada.

Thanks!

Avengers4CGC60SS003.jpg

Avengers4CGC60SS004.jpg

Avengers4CGC60SS005.jpg

Avengers4CGC60SS006.jpg

I think it was a combination of rat dropings and a small ant colony that was discovered on page 3.

:jokealert:

:kidaround: I can call for the notes... don't remember.

I bought it as a 6.0 and was a little worried but it came back at 6.0 after Stan's seal of approval.

24 hours and off she goes.

Why no interest? Am I asking too much or is this bad timing?

In reality after paying for the SS and the comic I am breaking even at $900.

I wouldn't take it personally. There are a lot of good deals that aren't getting grabbed up and I'm sure it has much to do with the economy right now. Let's face it, even though some of these books are priced a few hundred under FMV (not sure what GPA is on this particular issue, so I can't comment on your pricing), it's still nearly $1000 which many of us can't swing at this point in time.

If you're hurting to sell it, I'm sure you'd be able to if you drop the price low enough. If not, however, I'd suggest holding on to it until the market rebounds a bit and people are better able to afford the grail books like this.

I think you will get more interest/luck on ebay.As people here (on the boards) can get there own books signed, as there are 2 current Stan Lee signings in the next few weeks.

Go after the buyers that don't know how to get access to Stan Lee signed books.

Yes I agree but there are 2 aspects to that:

1) the price.... around 150-160US for Stan Lee these days

2) the risk of a regrade downgrade.... I know someone that cracked open an early Xmen CGC 9.0 and got Stan to sign it and after resubmitting it came back an 8.5. He was pissed! After I heard that I swore not to crack any books for SS. If it was raw already then okay.

24 hours and off she goes.

Why no interest? Am I asking too much or is this bad timing?

In reality after paying for the SS and the comic I am breaking even at $900.

I just sold my #4 CGC 6.0 on here a couple weeks ago for $650. I think you are asking a little much for it IMHO..... (shrug)

I think you will get more interest/luck on ebay.As people here (on the boards) can get there own books signed, as there are 2 current Stan Lee signings in the next few weeks.

Go after the buyers that don't know how to get access to Stan Lee signed books.

Yes I agree but there are 2 aspects to that:

1) the price.... around 150-160US for Stan Lee these days

2) the risk of a regrade downgrade.... I know someone that cracked open an early Xmen CGC 9.0 and got Stan to sign it and after resubmitting it came back an 8.5. He was pissed! After I heard that I swore not to crack any books for SS. If it was raw already then okay.

I think you're a victim of the economy, just as my own sales thread. It's a tough crowd out there right now. The book imay be priced a tad high, but not extremely high. GPA is 650, add in 150 for Stan's signature, factoring in grading, shipping etc. You're at 800 to replace this book. Typically there is SOME premium for having it done already. So really, it's not a horrible price. It's not a steal, but it's not a shake your head price. (thumbs u

I sold a 7.0 for $1,400 a few weeks ago. I don't think the price is out of line. Especially considering the Stan Lee SS. Bad timing may be the culprit. What wont sell in one time frame will sell almost instantly in another. The other thing may be it being the SS. It can't be "potentialized" to a grade or two higher. A quick press there, a little cleaning there. Good Luck with the sale. I'm sure someone will buy it. It is a very nice book.