• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCS? I can't figure this one out...

19 posts in this topic

The LRC is obviously creased/bent/your choice. I can't say 100% I received it this way, but for the life of me the comic is clearly cemented in the slab - it will not move (though I haven't tried hitting it against a wall).

So accounting for the LRC defect - we are no longer a 9.8 obviously...8.5? 9.2?

Would you sell this 'as is' and clearly note the defect or would you just call it a loss and not bother? :(

whatif3698.jpg

really interesting. i have a watchmen cgc 9.6 that clearly has about 1/16th of the lower right corner of the front cover almost completely severed from the book but nothing has been done with the slab. i would contact cgc and see if it is possible that it got slabbed this way, and what they would recommend. i don't see how the book could be damaged like this in the slab. if it is possible, then that is a design flaw that should be corrected.

The inner well is heat sealed. The book probably got an edge caught in the heat seal. Happened to me once. CGC will make it right.

I purchased this from HA back in 02/2008. I reviewed their scans and though it's hard to see it DOES look like the LRC problem IS evident in the scan...shame on me for not reviewing the slab when I received it back then.

Is CGC still an option? I would think since it's been 1.6+ years since I purchased the book I really don't have too many options? (shrug)

Here is the scan from the original auction:

lf.jpg

The inner well is heat sealed. The book probably got an edge caught in the heat seal. Happened to me once. CGC will make it right.

Yep - looks like they messed up in QC for sure. :(

So do I have any recourse on this with either party do you think since it's been so long?

So do I have any recourse on this with either party do you think since it's been so long?

Just call CGC, they will make it right. It doesn't matter who got the book slabbed, or when, they stand behind their product.

I would call, ask for the Grader's notes, and then discuss your problem. Unless

the problem with the book is in the notes (I doubt it) they will probably tell you to send it in. Your only cost is the shipping to them. They will probably ask you to fill out a submission form so they have an invoice to track it by, this is normal procedure.

Good luck but I have no doubt CGC will make it right for you.

Just call CGC, they will make it right. It doesn't matter who got the book slabbed, or when, they stand behind their product.

I would call, ask for the Grader's notes, and then discuss your problem. Unless

the problem with the book is in the notes (I doubt it) they will probably tell you to send it in. Your only cost is the shipping to them. They will probably ask you to fill out a submission form so they have an invoice to track it by, this is normal procedure.

Good luck but I have no doubt CGC will make it right for you.

Thanks! I will give it a shot! (thumbs u

?

i think you're assuming the bottom right corner has been removed, when that's not the case. the book has moved around in the inner well, and impacted in the LRC, bending the overhang over.

i don't know what CGC will do, if anything (shrug)

?

i think you're assuming the bottom right corner has been removed, when that's not the case. the book has moved around in the inner well, and impacted in the LRC, bending the overhang over.

i don't know what CGC will do, if anything (shrug)

That was my thought as well, but I cannot move the comic inside the case even under somewhat vigorous shaking.

And you will also note that it seems the same LRC issue was present when HA was selling it initially.

That was my thought as well, but I cannot move the comic inside the case even under somewhat vigorous shaking.

I bought a book a few months ago that wasn't sitting square in the inner well and bugged the mess out of me. I tried to shake it back into place but it wouldn't budge. I left it on my scanner one day and my daughter got hold of it and dropped it onto the laminate flooring from about 12" up. I cussed and cursed, picked it up and it was dead square.

What is 1.6 years? :baiting:lol

One year & 6 months? (shrug)

I always show time greater than 1 year in that fashion...1.1, 1.2, 1.3...all the way up to 1.11. Is that a faux paux or something? :)

I dunno about "faux paux", but it certainly is a faux pas . . . lol

:hi:

What is 1.6 years? :baiting:lol

One year & 6 months? (shrug)

I always show time greater than 1 year in that fashion...1.1, 1.2, 1.3...all the way up to 1.11. Is that a faux paux or something? :)

I dunno about "faux paux", but it certainly is a faux pas . . . lol

:hi:

I'll just be quiet now. :flamed:

i think people are assuming that SCS refers to the light shaking of a book that will move freely around in the well. while this might be the case in some instances, for the greater numbers of books, it will require a significant blow to move the dadgum thing.

so standing there and giving it a vigourous shake and having nothing happen isn't really all that illuminating. dropping the book from a height will really tell the tale

I think the other issue is that sometimes a tap to the edge above or below the corner can cause the corner itself to fold. Almost like there is a diagonal fault line on the corner and it can bend by hitting to the top or bottom edge of it.

You don't need to hit directly on the corner to bend it over.