• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM FF #1, possible restored?

38 posts in this topic

Hey Guys, I just recieved my FF #1, and its in REALLY nice condition, nicely centered etc..But..couple of things get me and I wanted your opinion.

1) The BC by Albert Dorne by his hand, looks either white or paint came off? Also by the lettering by "full time or part time art jobs" mid cover, looks like its been erased or whiten?

2) The inner FC the whole inner spine has a residue of a white fiber along the whole spine? Looks like white paint or white fiber glue?

I left huge scans of the book hopefully you guys can see it thanks

chris

juns005.jpg

Pics off my digital camera, because my scanner couldnt pick it up

002-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

juns006.jpg

juns007.jpg

juns008.jpg

Hi yes it was from ebay, his name on there is "lexerific" and I think the other name is "makemeanoffer", PLEASE AVOID THIS GUY!, I've bought 2 books from him and NON has what he says. I even emailed him if there was retoration, trimming, or marrying, and he said no. I guess if its too good to be true it is !

Hi yes it was from ebay, his name on there is "lexerific" and I think the other name is "makemeanoffer", PLEASE AVOID THIS GUY!, I've bought 2 books from him and NON has what he says. I even emailed him if there was retoration, trimming, or marrying, and he said no. I guess if its too good to be true it is !

:o

DRX

Good luck. I hate to say it but I don't have a good feeling about this...

+1 :(

I hope you get the refund OK. This seller's feedback, while mostly positive, is an absolute minefield once you start reading the comments left by buyers. Many cases like this one.

OMG....Thats white-out! And it looks to be trimmed everywhere!!!! :mad:

Yes, yes...........

SEND IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Keyboard doesn't have an infinity key... :insane:

Can you post a link to the auction?

hey guys, I've bought from him before and I returned a book back to him with no problems, so I was hoping to give him a second chance, but that failed. Lucky, he messaged me that he would give a full return once he gets it back, I already filed a paypal complaint to insure I get the money back.

OMG....Thats white-out! And it looks to be trimmed everywhere!!!! :mad:

Yes, yes...........

That's not white-out. It's Japan Paper. All professional conservators use it as support (reinforcement), to infill areas of loss (holes in the paper), and to seal tears. Your book is obviously restored.

Did you buy your book from ebay seller, makemeanofferandwin? His real name is Narbeh and he's been discussed before on these forums as a seller to avoid.