• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eerie #1 - Thoughts on Grade

23 posts in this topic

When I purchased this book, I thought it was the prettiest thing in the world. But after joining this board and seeing several pictures of the CGC graded books, it looks like I may have to learn how to grade again grin.gif

What do you guys think about it's grade.

http://home.comcast.net/~davehenson/Eerie.JPG

(This is my first attempt at uploading a pic and sending a link - hope all works well)

When I purchased this book, I thought it was the prettiest thing in the world. But after joining this board and seeing several pictures of the CGC graded books, it looks like I may have to learn how to grade again grin.gif

(This is my first attempt at uploading a pic and sending a link - hope all works well)

Good lord. You have one of the better Eerie 1's in existence. Don't worry over the small stuff. The book is really beautiful. I have been looking for one for a long time and man...yours is the best looking I have seen yet. Don't do comapres on a lot of the CGC stuff here as a lot is much newer. We are talking an uncommon 40's book that is the first horror comic (barring the Calssics which were not original stories). I specialize in pre-code horror and have for many years. That book is to die for! thumbsup2.gif

Good lord. You have one of the better Eerie 1's in existence. Don't worry over the small stuff. The book is really beautiful. I have been looking for one for a long time and man...yours is the best looking I have seen yet. Don't do comapres on a lot of the CGC stuff here as a lot is much newer. We are talking an uncommon 40's book that is the first horror comic (barring the Calssics which were not original stories). I specialize in pre-code horror and have for many years. That book is to die for! thumbsup2.gif

So.....what's the grade! mad.gif

Hey! Don't you get all mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif on ME! I really don't give a rat's posterior what the "grade" is. It is the nicest looking '47 Eerie #1 I have ever seen. This book goes beyond such intellectualism. tongue.gif

But didn't he ask for a grade opinion? Shouldn't you honour his book by respecting his wishes and give it a friggin' grade! tongue.gif

Hey! Don't you get all mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif on ME! I really don't give a rat's posterior what the "grade" is. It is the nicest looking '47 Eerie #1 I have ever seen. This book goes beyond such intellectualism. tongue.gif

But didn't he ask for a grade opinion? Shouldn't you honour his book by respecting his wishes and give it a friggin' grade! tongue.gif

I honored the book by NOT giving it a grade "opinion" dagnabbit. There are some things that transcend the banal - and this is one of them.

And besides, Greggy, you have as much interest in this book as you do a MTU #3000, TROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I honored the book by NOT giving it a grade "opinion" dagnabbit. There are some things that transcend the banal - and this is one of them.

And besides, Greggy, you have as much interest in this book as you do a MTU #3000, TROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No..this book is an infinitely more interesting book than practically all the books ever listed in the grading forums. I choose not to participate in grading scans because we know that the only effective way to grade is with book in hand. Have to look for those non-colour breaking creases that many people tend to ignore when they are SELLING!!!! smirk.gif

No..this book is an infinitely more interesting book than practically all the books ever listed in the grading forums. I choose not to participate in grading scans because we know that the only effective way to grade is with book in hand. Have to look for those non-colour breaking creases that many people tend to ignore when they are SELLING!!!! smirk.gif

Now you get all practical! Sheesh! sumo.gifgrin.gif

Thanks for all the comments. This is my favorite book in my collection. I purchased it in a Philip Weiss auction back in 1995. At the time I was primarily buying modern books, but somehow ventured out to early horror comics. This book was advertised as being from the Sherwood Collection. At the time, Eerie #1 had an Overstreet value of $900 in NM. Well, not surprisingly, I paid more than that and never regreted it. I'm going to post in the Golden Age forum to see if anyone has heard of the Sherwood Collection. Thanks again guys! It's been a long time since I've been able to "show off" some of my books. I'll have to pull out the Haunt of Fear #15 and Captain America #75 sometime for you.

Belated welcome to the boards! That's a really nice book. Ive got a lot of books that fit that exact description that I bought years ago that were "unimprovable!" "Awesome condition". "Best Ive Ever Seen" quality. Only to wake up in 2002 that someone was actually looking at all the HG books and grading and rating them. Welcome to the "real World" of comics post CGC.

But having said that, dont lose any sleep over the few flaws...your copy may not be 'NM' anymore, but its still probably one of the best 2 or 3 copies of a great comic.