• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Are The "Best" Neal Adams Batman Issues To Get And Hold On To?

27 posts in this topic

Greetings! Which would you say are the best slabbed Neal Adams Batman / 'Tec issues (covers and / or interior art) to get and hold on to?

By "best," I guess that I mean the most sought-after, toughest to find in high grade, collectable, rare, just plain cool and whatever else you think would make an issue a good thing.

I'm starting a display / hobby room and, being a big Neal Adams fan, I want to start with issues that I can justify (if necessary...) to my wife as being fun investments. I'd appreciate your advice.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

-MM

sit back and watch the census fill out more and more...look at 251, why is there any beleif that every other issue will not fill to similar amounts, especially with pressing available to the common collector.

way to many high grade collections sitting in storage, raw, high grade beauties. Did you hear how the Mass copies of Tec / Batman were put away and forgotten? They only became available when they were remembered.

This is becoming the comic investment boards. doh!

Seriously, go for what looks best to you.

I guess this might be a good indication that we really are in a bubble and it's getting set to burst.

Yep. Seems that way. A lot of new topics lately are asking what to invest in. Seems a lot of people are not collecting but hoarding to sell for profit in the future. Good luck lol

Here are my picks

Batman

#217 - cool cover and tough in high grade

#221 - another classic cover that is tough to find in high grade

#222 - I don't care for the Beatles, but the book has high demand as a result

#227 - Classic cover swipe of Tec #31

#232 - 1st Appearance of Ras Al Ghul

#234 - 1st Modern Two-Face

#237 - Reaper cover and story

#243 & #244 - Wicked Ras Al Ghul storyline

#251 - Classic Joker cover & story

Detective Comics

#395 - 1st Adams Batman story art and very tough in high grade

#400 - 1st Man-Bat

#402 - tough in high grade

#405 - tough in high grade plus 1st League of Assassins

#411 - 1st Talia and 1st mention of her father (Ras Al Ghul)

How about Batman #200? A good book to own?

Personally, I don't care much for #200. Adams only did the cover... the interior art is sub-par, and the story itself, while better than many pre-1970 Batman scripts, is still somewhat meh

How about Batman #200? A good book to own?

Personally, I don't care much for #200. Adams only did the cover... the interior art is sub-par, and the story itself, while better than many pre-1970 Batman scripts, is still somewhat meh

The cover is sub-par as well, like his first few Tec issues. Stick with the good stuff and you can't go wrong. (thumbs u