• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much $ would a CGC 9.8 copy of Action Comics #1 sell for?

262 posts in this topic

I know some near mint copies have sold at close to a million dollars so I was wondering [font:Arial Black] IF [/font] a CGC 9.8 copy of Action#1 were slabbed and put up for sale how much could it sell for? & who would buy it? My guess is that in this economy at best it would sell for 2 millon. (& yes I'm board) :insane:

why? the best copy will still be the best copy even if its a 9.2. Sure paying extra for a 9.8 would ensure a better copy would NEVER come along... but for an extra 5-6 million? Thats a lot to blow for an eventuality that will never happen, except in this fictional universe where a 9.8 exists! : )

>

My guess, what would it take for these few pages of kiddy pictures bound, slabbed and auctioned to transcend the hobby to get to the actual money men who pay 50 mill for a piece of art?

The pool is limited as it is, the material is not taken seriously to those who have the limitless bankrolls, relative to the prized pieces in the Met. What combination of event would need to take place to make the best comic book a star attraction in the world of fine art?

Why is the single best comic a 1 or 2 mill object, while a Jackson Pollock # 5 is a 150 mill, and looks like a canvas with a thousand layersof silly string on it, imho?

why? the best copy will still be the best copy even if its a 9.2. Sure paying extra for a 9.8 would ensure a better copy would NEVER come along... but for an extra 5-6 million? Thats a lot to blow for an eventuality that will never happen, except in this fictional universe where a 9.8 exists! : )

You summed it all up right there. It's not a 9.2. It's not a 9.4. It's not a 9.6.

It's a CGC 9.8

The chance that a better copy would EVER surface = zero

Sky's the limit. 2c