• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$499.....really?

22 posts in this topic

I am frustrated while I completely understand there is no real reason to be frustrated but on the latest ComicLink auction I was looking at getting a copy of Wonder Woman #191 to help completed my run of the Diana Prince era in 9.4 or better. It was the only one I needed that was available was the #191 and it went for $499! Is it just me or is that an astronomical price for a book in 9.4 that is essentially a collection re-prints?

Oh, I know! doh!

I think I was just frustrated that the one I wanted had to go and set some type of record for a non-batman DC book from that era in 9.4.

I only need three more to finish the run and I will get there (eventually and expensively)

I am frustrated while I completely understand there is no real reason to be frustrated but on the latest ComicLink auction I was looking at getting a copy of Wonder Woman #191 to help completed my run of the Diana Prince era in 9.4 or better. It was the only one I needed that was available was the #191 and it went for $499! Is it just me or is that an astronomical price for a book in 9.4 that is essentially a collection re-prints?

This is admittedly something of a generalization but speaking merely as an observer, CLink auctions are fantastic for a seller but cruddy for a buyer. You just have to dish out too much for some books.

check inaflash's thread in general

What did you bid on the book?

This is admittedly something of a generalization but speaking merely as an observer, CLink auctions are fantastic for a seller but cruddy for a buyer. You just have to dish out too much for some books.

Amen Jeff....amen.

I think a lot of us wanted that book. I know I bid on it. InaFlash won it, see his thread.

I bid on a few of the WW's and won nothing. They all seemed to go for higher prices than I expected. You shouldn't be frustrated, you should be happy you already have most of the run.

Guess if you want the best then you are going to have to pay! If you hesitate than you will be left holding the bag so to speak! Just look at the Adams Green Lantern run! Now I will never be able to buy a near mint GL #76! I wonder why there aren't that many high grade copies of this time period for Wonder Woman? Thanks for your insight Danny! I would also love to read this run.

Oh, I fully admit I was willing to go over board for that book and was looking at bidding up to $350 which I had thought would be the 'blow away' bid and that would have made it the second most expensive WW book of the auction. That is why I understand that I have no reason to be frustrated about the price it went for, just the fact that it was the one book up for auction that was way, way out of whack. I just wasn't expecting it.

If any has a #191 or #192 they want to sell/trade let me know. I have two copies of #195 (both CGC 9.6) and two copies of #199 (CGC 9.4) and I am fairly positive neither have been pressed. What I mean by that is I never pressed them and I was told by whom I bought them from they weren't pressed for whatever that is worth.

Guess if you want the best then you are going to have to pay! If you hesitate than you will be left holding the bag so to speak! Just look at the Adams Green Lantern run! Now I will never be able to buy a near mint GL #76! I wonder why there aren't that many high grade copies of this time period for Wonder Woman? Thanks for your insight Danny! I would also love to read this run.

http://www.amazon.com/Diana-Prince-Wonder-Graphic-Novels/dp/1401216609/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1253933572&sr=8-4 :foryou:

My copy. Its a pedigree. I have to pull it out to look. I think its a 9.4 copy if I recall.

WonderWoman191.jpg

I always found it interesting that the two covers reprinted are 177 and 179 when the 178 is the first "new" Diana Prince...although I love the cover of the 179 the most :cloud9:

th_wm178.jpg

Apparently, not enough. :)