• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Lantern #1 CGC 8.0 (1960) off white to white pages for sale. Thread Closed

37 posts in this topic

c'mon, where's all the mid-grade Aquamans?

:jokealert:

He sold them last year when he needed a new wakeboard

Dagnabit, the way my tastes are a changin' I might be reading Aquaman soon.

doh!

Roy I wish I could help you out with that GL 1 8.0 to get rid of my funky 2.0 but not a chance for me.

Good luck

Chris

I'd be willing to trade for a JIM #89 CGC 9.2 or a car full of curvy women for the weekend.

hm

Can you make to Phx.? I know where I can find some curvy women, of course you didn't say how big the curves need be and how many women need fit in the car.

Roy I wish I could help you out with that GL 1 8.0 to get rid of my funky 2.0 but not a chance for me.

Good luck

Chris

I'd be willing to trade for a JIM #89 CGC 9.2 or a car full of curvy women for the weekend.

hm

Can you make to Phx.? I know where I can find some curvy women, of course you didn't say how big the curves need be and how many women need fit in the car.

:roflmao:

Iron Man #55 CGC 9.6 white pages. I sent this in thinking it was a 9.8. Really. I was a little surprised at the grade. Overlooking the miswrap this copy is well centered at the top and bottom. I find many copies to have a crooked mis-cut. 12 month GPA is @ $1260 and 12 month GPA is @$1160. What can I say, I dig old grey skinned men. I think Thanos is hot and lots of other fan boys do too. Asking $1100 and I really think it has a shot at 9.8.

:cloud9:

Man, I really want a copy of this book. I was the second highest bidder in the Comic Link auction that just ended for a 9.6 with white pages, it went for a little over $750 so someone got a steal. Gorgeous books by the way.

True story, I know of private sale for a CGC 9.6 perfect centered white pages that just sold for $3200, also another buddy of mine sold a CGC 9.4 white for $800.00 last week privately, and I feel stupid for selling a very pretty white page CGC 9.4 4 weeks ago for $525.00....arrrrhhh

True story, I know of private sale for a CGC 9.6 perfect centered white pages that just sold for $3200, also another buddy of mine sold a CGC 9.4 white for $800.00 last week privately, and I feel stupid for selling a very pretty white page CGC 9.4 4 weeks ago for $525.00....arrrrhhh

I probably would've given you $600 for that book :gossip:

:boo:

Green Lantern #1 CGC 8.0 off white to white pages. Gang, as you know I'm a Marvel Zombie but I do know that these books are tougher in higher grades, and even more difficult to find with nice PQ. Most copies are cream to off white or off white at best. I've come to appreciate the fact that most DC SA keys are tougher to find than Marvel keys and generally are older. Not much sales data to go on but as you all likely know Green Lantern has been a hot title for a while now. There was only one recent sale in Oct/08 for $3600. Considering the run up that Showcase #22 has had I'm going to ask $5000 for this copy but am open to reasonable offers.

the 8.5 in the CC auction is at $8500- so this seems like a good price.

I may just have to pull this book then. I didn't realize they have one up for sale and I had trouble pricing this one so it would be nice to have a price point to compare to.

I just wanted to mention, that your price was going to look like a steal, compared to the book on CC :D

Double Arrhhh thanks :blush:

Green Lantern #1 CGC 8.0 off white to white pages. Gang, as you know I'm a Marvel Zombie but I do know that these books are tougher in higher grades, and even more difficult to find with nice PQ. Most copies are cream to off white or off white at best. I've come to appreciate the fact that most DC SA keys are tougher to find than Marvel keys and generally are older. Not much sales data to go on but as you all likely know Green Lantern has been a hot title for a while now. There was only one recent sale in Oct/08 for $3600 but a CGC 8.5 copy just sold on Comic Connect for $9500. Based on that Comic Connect sale I think the book is worth more than I originally thought and am asking $7000. If anyone is interested I can explain how I came to that price. I do already have several offers on the book. I will likely put the book to auction if it doesn't sell here.

:foryou:

86622.jpg.4670c5cea3c08b86025774f14bcf52b5.jpg

Green Lantern #1 CGC 8.0 off white to white pages. Gang, as you know I'm a Marvel Zombie but I do know that these books are tougher in higher grades, and even more difficult to find with nice PQ. Most copies are cream to off white or off white at best. I've come to appreciate the fact that most DC SA keys are tougher to find than Marvel keys and generally are older. Not much sales data to go on but as you all likely know Green Lantern has been a hot title for a while now. There was only one recent sale in Oct/08 for $3600 but a CGC 8.5 copy just sold on Comic Connect for $9500. Based on that Comic Connect sale I think the book is worth more than I originally thought and am asking $7000. If anyone is interested I can explain how I came to that price. I do already have several offers on the book. I will likely put the book to auction if it doesn't sell here.

Good thinking, Roy...but Harvey the Rabbit bought that 8.5 on CC. :baiting:

Good thinking, Roy...but Harvey the Rabbit bought that 8.5 on CC. :baiting:

Did Harvey tell you that, because he told me he didn't. The dang liar.

:sumo:

I liked it a lot better yesterday!

That might have something to do with yesterdays price though :devil:

I know, I know and I kind of feel silly doing this but at the same time I want to be fair to me too.

I do know that you have a few gems to dangle in front of me from your stash to...shall we say...persuade me to be more reasonable.

:devil:

Good luck

Chris

hm

I only have a 8.5 (not for sale) and if I could get a car full of curvy women I would not be responding to threads for a week or two