• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.4 Value for SA Keys

18 posts in this topic

I'm trying to see if I can garner up some sort of SA HG index, and was wondering what the approximate market value would be today of the following Marvel keys in 9.4 (assume ow/w):

TOS 39

AF 15

ASM 1

X-Men 1

FF 1

JIM 83

Hulk 1

Avengers 1

I have GPA but some books don't have data. There are some of you who follow this closely and would be able to whip up a pretty accurate guestimate off the top of your heads in seconds.

some rough estimates:

TOS 39.......$125 x

AF 15.........$225

ASM 1........ $90

X-Men 1..... $100 x

FF 1...........$200 x

JIM 83....... $110 x

Hulk 1 ........$200 x

the x marks books that havent come up for sale in 4-5 years, so who knows what a sale would bring? but Mound City has an XMen 1, so we ill soon have new data there.

some rough estimates:

TOS 39.......$125 x

AF 15.........$225

ASM 1........ $90

X-Men 1..... $100 x

FF 1...........$200 x

JIM 83....... $110 x

Hulk 1 ........$200 x

the x marks books that havent come up for sale in 4-5 years, so who knows what a sale would bring? but Mound City has an XMen 1, so we ill soon have new data there.

Thanks. I added Avengers 1, also. Forgot that one.

Mound also has an Avengers 1. And Pedigree has a TOS 39 next month. So we'll have more HG keys data before year end.

You think a 9.4 TOS 39 would go for more than a 9.4 JIM 83? No way.

Plus, a 9.2 TOS 39 just sold for $30K on CC, while a 9.2 JIM 83 just sold for $56K on CL.

Do you have a 9.4 TOS 39 or something? :baiting:

Plus, a 9.2 TOS 39 just sold for $30K on CC, while a 9.2 JIM 83 just sold for $56K on CL.

yeah. I gave it the edge cause JIM is scarcer, but Iron Man is hotter character right now. I think the demand would be slightly higher for the character than the insider knowledge that JIM is harder to find.

Jim is 1 @9.6 and 3 @9.4

TOS is 2 @9.6 and 5 @9.4

maybe Im wrong. but not cause I'm pimping my books! : )

Until Thor becomes a media superstar like ol Shellhead miraculously has, I dont see stuffy Thor overtaking TOS..

yeah. I gave it the edge cause JIM is scarcer, but Iron Man is hotter character right now. I think the demand would be slightly higher for the character than the insider knowledge that JIM is harder to find.

Jim is 1 @9.6 and 3 @9.4

TOS is 2 @9.6 and 5 @9.4

maybe Im wrong. but not cause I'm pimping my books! : )

Until Thor becomes a media superstar like ol Shellhead miraculously has, I dont see stuffy Thor overtaking TOS..

But you still hold to that despite the fact that the Thor 9.2 sold for almost 2x the Iron Man??

It's already happened, even without a movie boost for Thor. (shrug)

In any period where comparable grade copies, including 9.4s, were up for sale, JIM 83 has always been significantly more expensive than TOS 39. The last public sale that I can remember of a 9.4 JIM 83 was 6 or 7 years ago, and went for around $35K if I recall correctly to Brulato. A 9.4 TOS 39 couldn't have even come close to touching $35K at that time.

Mark Arrand paid well less than $100K for his 9.6 TOS 39 several years ago. The 9.6 JIM 83 would've already been a $100K book, even at that time.

I remember a TOS 9.4 sold off Ebay for 40K around that time. Or it closed on Ebay, but It def hit 40K. I thought that was wacko at the time given the relative obscurity of Iron Man vs Spidey and FF and Hulk. Comparable to Metal Men or Hawkman selling for as much relatively in the DC world.

So 40K then roughly equal to the 36 for JIM back then, fast forward to today, Iron Man an international licensing superstar, Thor not yet, thats why I give TOS the extra 15K in my estimates.

make sense?

I remember a TOS 9.4 sold off Ebay for 40K around that time. Or it closed on Ebay, but It def hit 40K. I thought that was wacko at the time given the relative obscurity of Iron Man vs Spidey and FF and Hulk. Comparable to Metal Men or Hawkman selling for as much relatively in the DC world.

So 40K then roughly equal to the 36 for JIM back then, fast forward to today, Iron Man an international licensing superstar, Thor not yet, thats why I give TOS the extra 15K in my estimates.

make sense?

There's no way a 9.4 TOS 39 sold for $40K around the same time that a 9.4 JIM 83 sold for $35K. The time frame I'm thinking of was 2001 or 2002.

I'm trying to see if I can garner up some sort of SA HG index, and was wondering what the approximate market value would be today of the following Marvel keys in 9.4 (assume ow/w):

TOS 39

AF 15

ASM 1

X-Men 1

FF 1

JIM 83

Hulk 1

Avengers 1

I have GPA but some books don't have data. There are some of you who follow this closely and would be able to whip up a pretty accurate guestimate off the top of your heads in seconds.

I don't think you can come with any sort of reliable index for these books in these grades. There are way too few of these that change hands publicly in 9.4.

your right on the dates, time really flies! the JIM was 2002. but the TOS on Ebay was in 2004-5

Yup. By the time the 9.4 TOS 39 was selling for around $40K and a couple of 9.2 copies were going in the $20K region, 9.0 copies of JIM 83 were already going for almost $20K. Hence my assertion that JIM 83 has and always will be more valuable in equal grade than TOS 39.

I don't know about always, but I know what you are saying.

Speaking of TOS 39 relative values, you know there was an extremely brief period in the late 80s/ early 90s where TOS39 actually guided for more than hulk 1? :) I think it only lasted a few months (a couple bimonthly updates). I had just bought a TOS39 a few months earlier and a friend of mine was disgusted at the way the books I bought always seemed to go up in the guide lol He made the specific comment that there is no way TOS39 should ever be worth more than hulk 1 and even in my extremely biased position I had to agree hehe

your right on the dates, time really flies! the JIM was 2002. but the TOS on Ebay was in 2004-5

Yup. By the time the 9.4 TOS 39 was selling for around $40K and a couple of 9.2 copies were going in the $20K region, 9.0 copies of JIM 83 were already going for almost $20K. Hence my assertion that JIM 83 has and always will be more valuable in equal grade than TOS 39.

true enough historically. But chip away some of that due to Iron Mans current level of media awareness and I think (prior to a possible hit Thor movie) TOS has closed the gap. In 9.4 certainly, but not 9.2 as there are so many more of them.

its all guesswork of course until one of each come up in an auction within say a month of each other. Too little data once again at the top of the key market.