• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Fantastic Four #9

13 posts in this topic

Picked up this weekend at an affordable price. Would really like to know if I made a good purchase.

Lots of wear. Pencil on Submariner's arm. Spine stress and roll. No spine split. No tears or chunks. All pages attached firmly. Not brittle.

Maybe 2.0 or 2.5?

Thanks all!!

ff7front.jpg

ff7back.jpg

Question: What hurts this comic the most?

The general wear? the spine roll?

Is there anything that I can do to lessen the spine roll? I know there's a lot of discussion about pressing, but I have no experience with that at all.

Just curious.

Whitey

Is there anything that I can do to lessen the spine roll? I know there's a lot of discussion about pressing, but I have no experience with that at all.

Just curious.

Whitey

I think both defects dictate the grade on this one. If it didn't have the spine roll it would still be in the Good range. On the other hand, if it had minimal wear but the severe spine roll it would probably still be no more than G/VG.

Not sure about getting rid of the spine roll. Maybe a stack of heavy books?

Pressing is typically used on high grade books to remove minor flaws such as non-color-breaking indents and creases.

Just curious.

Whitey

I think both defects dictate the grade on this one. If it didn't have the spine roll it would still be in the Good range. On the other hand, if it had minimal wear but the severe spine roll it would probably still be no more than G/VG.

Not sure about getting rid of the spine roll. Maybe a stack of heavy books?

Pressing is typically used on high grade books to remove minor flaws such as non-color-breaking indents and creases.

Thanks. I might just leave it alone.

Whitey

Appreciate all your comments. I did ok on this purchase.

Just have #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 11, 12 and 16 to go for my complete run. I'll need to find them in 2.0 or lower.

Whitey

Nice! Good luck on the hunt.