• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Omega Men #3

40 posts in this topic

and i thought camelot 3000 was pretty good too

Still have two full sets tucked away of Camelot 3000. I'll be passing these on to my sons, it impressed me so much.

Camelot 3000 was also one of the series I speculated on as a teenager. Great Brian Bolland art. (I still have a couple of hundred issues.)

I loved that series, sorry to see Bolland hasn`t done much lately.

Is OM 37 the backup story where Lobo killed his buddy? That's when he went solo.

Yes. According to the Omega Men Index ( :o)

Story: “Partners” (8 pages)

Editor: Alan Gold

Plotter, artist: Keith Giffen

Scripter, letterer: Todd Klein

Feature: Vega

Feature Character: Lobo (last appearance in issue #20)

Villain: Bedlam (last appearance in issue #32; dies in this story)

Synopsis: Lobo accepts a contract on his old partner, Bedlam.

Is OM 37 the backup story where Lobo killed his buddy? That's when he went solo.

Yes. According to the Omega Men Index ( :o)

Story: “Partners” (8 pages)

Editor: Alan Gold

Plotter, artist: Keith Giffen

Scripter, letterer: Todd Klein

Feature: Vega

Feature Character: Lobo (last appearance in issue #20)

Villain: Bedlam (last appearance in issue #32; dies in this story)

Synopsis: Lobo accepts a contract on his old partner, Bedlam.

Thanks Sean.

It's a great little story.

Does anyone know what the print run of omega men 3 and is it lower than New Mutants 98?

my guess would be that the print run of omega men 3 was actually pretty high and higher than NM 98, if, in fact, NM 98 was under 100K (I've seen people post circulation #s here for issues "around" then). up until a couple of years ago i'd see a lot of them in dollar boxes..I wish I had sucked up more copies when I did see them.

My recollection is that Omega Men was a heavily speculated upon series. The GL appearances were hot at the time and a lot of people thought it would be the next NTT. #1s are very prevalent. It wouldn't surprise me if the ordering was still artifically high for #3. At one time I had 20 or 30 copies of this book and regularly sold several copies when I was setting up at shows in the late eighties/early nineties.

Omega Men was a Keith Giffen vanity project, because Keith Giffen art was very hot at the time. He had just taken the comics world by storm with his rendition of Legion of Superheroes, and Omega Men was his reward. Equally as important, Omega Men had an extremely popular intro in Green Lantern #141-143 the year prior, which practically demanded they get their own series.

Now raise your hand if you've never heard of Keith Giffen....

Omega Men was a Keith Giffen vanity project, because Keith Giffen art was very hot at the time. He had just taken the comics world by storm with his rendition of Legion of Superheroes, and Omega Men was his reward. Equally as important, Omega Men had an extremely popular intro in Green Lantern #141-143 the year prior, which practically demanded they get their own series.

:hi:

i was always under the impression that early 80's print runs were pretty low. They didn't start climbing until the mid to late 80's......

comics in generally needed higher print runs in general (than now) to avoid being cancelled. a # that would get a series cancelled then would be a top seller now.

omega men was speculated on. of course, so was NM 98. but hey, so was avengers annual 10, Miller's DD run (at least after the first 10 or so issues), the Byrne X-Men, Hulk 340, etc. etc. etc....doesn't mean the book is worthless.

also, despite the high cover price (for the time), i think there was also an extra interest for these higher quality comics. also, wasn't this also a comic shop only book? so they were more likely to have been bought and tucked away by collectors.

i was always under the impression that early 80's print runs were pretty low. They didn't start climbing until the mid to late 80's......

comics in generally needed higher print runs in general (than now) to avoid being cancelled. a # that would get a series cancelled then would be a top seller now.

omega men was speculated on. of course, so was NM 98. but hey, so was avengers annual 10, Miller's DD run (at least after the first 10 or so issues), the Byrne X-Men, Hulk 340, etc. etc. etc....doesn't mean the book is worthless.

also, despite the high cover price (for the time), i think there was also an extra interest for these higher quality comics. also, wasn't this also a comic shop only book? so they were more likely to have been bought and tucked away by collectors.

New Mutants #98 goes for decent cash, that`s why I was comparing Omega men #3 to it. Lobo has a decent following,hey if New Mutants #98 took off, why not Lobo`s first appearance? I can see it doubling in price before the movie.

Is there going to be a Lobo movie or a Legion movie?

Lobo's popularity, while pretty big in the 90's, doesn't seem to be enough to carry a series now for some reason. I'm tempted to buy some of those 90's Lobo books out of the 50 cent box (especially some of those Bisley covers), but then sanity gets the better of me. I guess folks don't want to spend $3-$4 for a couple of snorts of laughter?

As an aside, it sure does seem like 80's and 90's and 2000's DC books never have the same sort of staying power as Marvels. OM #3 got hot, what, like 6-12 months ago, but that lasted like 15 minutes. Marvels seem to stay hot a little longer.

Is there going to be a Lobo movie or a Legion movie?

Lobo's popularity, while pretty big in the 90's, doesn't seem to be enough to carry a series now for some reason. I'm tempted to buy some of those 90's Lobo books out of the 50 cent box (especially some of those Bisley covers), but then sanity gets the better of me. I guess folks don't want to spend $3-$4 for a couple of snorts of laughter?

Lobo movie is next on the radar for Warner after Green Lantern, thats why all the sudden interest. :)

Trencher baby!!! bleargh......ahem.