• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Person on eBay selling my recreated covers as genuine

41 posts in this topic

ouch!!!! talk to ebay..... total scam with your cover COPIES......... only you can have a conversation with ebay via phone...... DO IT :baiting:

Or, you could just add a small disclaimer to the back or inside cover, "Reproduction cover." It would be more obvious than leaving something out which many buyers may not notice.

I wouldn't put it on the inside cover, as that's still an easy one to slip by people. I'd simply use smallish type, set far enough away from the edge of the cover that in order to trim it off you'd have to really lose a significant chunk.

Also, I was once almost burnt by one of Fedoraman's covers. About two years ago I purchased an AF15 from a boardie named Jordan Alexiou, going by something like "worldofcomics" both here and on Ebay. It featured a Fedoraman cover, and it took me quite a while to get my money back.

Alexiou claimed ignorance and that may very well have been the case as there was no pattern of similar behaviour there, but he did it at least once and thus seems relevant to this thread.

In a way I'm grateful for this event; although no one likes being swindled and I did end up eating around $100 in various related expenses, it is also the event that led me to discover the boards here and for that I am thankful.

I reported him the other day to ebay and now he has a bid on the Hulk 181.

Is that Hulk 181 another photocopied cover? It's a better job than the Avengers #1 and some others I saw hi trying to sell.

I reported him the other day to ebay and now he has a bid on the Hulk 181.

Is that Hulk 181 another photocopied cover? It's a better job than the Avengers #1 and some others I saw hi trying to sell.

I made alot of covers for him this summer - including a Hulk #181 - wether or not he is selling that one or not, who knows. That one might actually be legit - but the 4 others he listed previously should make folks cautious.