• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1960s Captain America Toy info?

3 posts in this topic

toy2.jpg

Any toy collectors that can shed some light on this toy. It was produced by Marx in 1967, called Mechanicl Marvel Super Heroes. Line included Cap, Thor & Spider-man. I haven't been able to find it in any toy book or magazine. Local toy dealer said he thought it could have been from Marvels 1st waive of retail toys, but it really didn't look like he knew much about pre 1980s toys. Price? History? Any info appreciated.

toy.jpg

toy2.jpg

Any toy collectors that can shed some light on this toy. It was produced by Marx in 1967, called Mechanicl Marvel Super Heroes. Line included Cap, Thor & Spider-man. I haven't been able to find it in any toy book or magazine. Local toy dealer said he thought it could have been from Marvels 1st waive of retail toys, but it really didn't look like he knew much about pre 1980s toys. Price? History? Any info appreciated.

toy.jpg

Hey MCD,

You should be able to find some info on these pretty easily. I'm somewhat familiar, but far from an expert. If this is one of the walkers, I think with the box, it is a $200-$250 toy. The Marvel figures on tricycles, with box, go for almost $400. I don't know if I've ever seen one with the cellophane panel, before. Ask around and you should get some better answers. It shouldn't be too hard to find some definitive answers-Marx collectors are nuts and all of their toys are well documented. Also, check past auctions on ebay. Regardless, nice find. I dream of finding the Marvel tin train set in its package from the same period, also by Marx I believe. It's just too weird.