• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this book trimmed or badly cut during production?

5 posts in this topic

I just got this ASM #126 on Ebay. The right side didn't look right and when I placed a board behind it, you can see it was cut in a slanted angle. However, I did a comparison with the other bronze age Spideys like #111. The top edge of this book actually measures 1 cm longer then #111, but the bottom edge ends up measuring 1 cm shorter. The book looks to be in terrific shape so it wouldn't make sense for someone to just trim it like that. Here's a scan of the book and a picture showing the slanted cut on the right side. Do you guys think this is a bad trim job or a production flaw?

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_2277.jpg

Ok thank you guys for clarifying. I was also leaning towards more of a production defect. The entire book is about a 9.2, so it wouldn't make any sense for someone to perform a horrible trim job on it. Another plus was this seller described the book as VF. =)