• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pretty Magazine of the day

11 posts in this topic

In a tribute to the success of the various 'pretty X of the day' threads I'll start posting some of my favorite Mag covers scans from my collection (and anyone else who has the inclination to do likewise please be my guest). Before I get flamed for self-aggrandizement let me state that I do so mainly in an effort to put a spotlight on my little oft-forgotten corner of the comic collecting hobby. Hope you guys enjoy these as much as I do .

First scan is the classic Skywald horror mag 'Psycho' issue 1.

The Skywald mags were a fairly shortlived set of Warren rip-offs of f high quality...(In comparison with Stanley and Seaboard).

Psycho7101.gif

In a tribute to the success of the various 'pretty X of the day' threads I'll start posting some of my favorite Mag covers scans from my collection (and anyone else who has the inclination to do likewise please be my guest). Before I get flamed for self-aggrandizement let me state that I do so mainly in an effort to put a spotlight on my little oft-forgotten corner of the comic collecting hobby. Hope you guys enjoy these as much as I do .

First scan is the classic Skywald horror mag 'Psycho' issue 1.

The Skywald mags were a fairly shortlived set of Warren rip-offs of f high quality...(In comparison with Stanley and Seaboard).

Psycho7101.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Nice thread Red!

Keep 'em comin!

The Other Red

thanks Redook ... The painted mag covers were what originally hooked me on this part of the hobby ... Especially the Boris/Frazetta covers.

BTW: does anyone know the first appearance of 'The Frankenstein monster' in Marvel...I know at one point it/he had his own series but not sure where he first appears? confused-smiley-013.gif